Alu heatspreader sign-up sale

Do you print/build/make/create 'stuff' for modifying SeeMeCNC machines? Post them here if you do so others can see and inquire about getting them!
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Alu heatspreader sign-up sale

Post by DeltaCon »

Hi all, and European based printing-fellows in particular,

I was searching for a heatspreader myself, and are always very annoyed by the huge shipping cost of US based companies. Well not annoyed at the companies but at the shipping costs. So I was looking for a local source and I might have found that. If I could sell off 10 pieces each I think I can get some great prices for you.

So what am I selling exactly:

A laser cut AlMg3 disc, 30cm diameter, 4mm thick € 22,50 incl. VAT
or
A laser cut AlMg3 disc, 30cm diameter, 6mm thick € 37,50 incl. VAT

These are standard construction sheets, not anodized, sanded or machined or anything (what they call "brute"). My source has no info on the thickness tolerance, but a google search learned that most standard sheets in these categories have a tolerance of +/- 0.15mm. That is probably too uneven for directprinting with PEI, but as a spreader under your glass that will be fine. And for that purpose 4mm will be more than enough I guess.

If anyone in the Netherlands or Europe is interested, please let me know, I will make you a shipment quote.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Alu heatspreader sign-up sale

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for making these available for the European buyers, they have a hard enough time sourcing parts.
I wish you the best of luck in the selling of these!
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Thanks for the support. I am open to suggestions btw. Do you want thinner, is the alloy not good enough or whatever. I am happy to learn about the most ideal heat spreader! :roll:

Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

DeltaCon wrote:Thanks for the support. I am open to suggestions btw. Do you want thinner, is the alloy not good enough or whatever. I am happy to learn about the most ideal heat spreader! :roll:
Working with aluminum, the Mic 6 Cast Plate would be the flattest. You probably already knew that but I wanted to throw it out there.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

The alloy is probably irrelevant. Anything, including 6061 or most 9000 series alloys will do the two things we want relatively well. Your 4MM is probably a little on the thick side, but I have used both a thicker and a thinner piece, and it hasn't caused any problems at all. What would be even better would be a faced off or ground copper plate (good luck finding a place that would grind it though, apparently it's a Cryogenic process professionally), because of it's higher thermal conductivity, but from the looks of it, machining copper is really painful (I don't even want to think about how much cleaning a lathe using buttermilk as a coolant would take, ugh), but copper plate seems alright for thickness tolerance (.125 plate is ±.007 IN it looks like), so it's probably fine to just use copper. Although it does seem like you've already arraigned for having the aluminum ones done if you get enough orders.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

Thanks for your input Xeno and Eagle. No I have not yet arranged for anything. I have just seen that prices go down about 70% when I order 10 pieces at once. I thought to give that to the community, but have not received orders yet. I am thinking about buying a 2mm plate for beneath the glass, and a 4 mm for future use to stick PEI to. But then again for the PEI I would need Mic-6 preferably. I would need to get that somewhere else.

Return to “Members Marketplace”