Group buy wishlist

Here's a place to share with others local to you
CDRELXIV
Plasticator

Group buy wishlist

Post by CDRELXIV »

Hi guys,
I've only had my printer up for six weeks or so but I already have my eye on some upgrades. The problem with all of them is sourcing something local that hasn't had an insane markup put on it, or paying ridiculous shipping from the States.

I thought we could maybe consolidate a wishlist of things from the US, see which ones are most popular and consider group buys from there.

For myself, I'm looking at:

1.) Meanwell SE-600-24 24v power supply so I can get my heated bed where I want it in a reasonable time frame. USD$76.70 plus USD$50 from these guys, which for a heavy item from the US could actually be a lot worse. http://www.onlinecomponents.com/mean-we ... p=11953311

2.) An aluminium heat spreader for the heated bed. If someone has a better one than Trick Laser, let me know. Trick Laser's postage is painful.

3.) Duet control board and IR Z height probe for the Duet. (Filastruder) or;

4.) FSR sensors and control board for the Duet (Ultibots).

So, if you like anything from these vendors, or have better suggestions, or just want to post your wishlist so someone else at some point may be able to offer consolidated postage with you, please post :)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Group buy wishlist

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Bumping because of no replies. Can someone help out with the group purchases?
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

That's a great idea, but where are you based?
I would be in for a heatspreader also.
I live in the Netherlands.
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Looking at his post history, he seems to be in Brisbane, Australia.

As for (3), I'd think ordering from Filastruder only makes sense when you're in North America. You're likley better off ordering from the manufacturer in the UK. I'd guess the tax situation is more favorable between commonwealth countries as well, but I don't actually know about that.
CDRELXIV
Plasticator

Post by CDRELXIV »

Yeah, the wishlist is intended for Australia, really. As for the Filastruder stuff, I hadn't realised that they (the makers of Duet and the like) were in the UK :) Thanks for the advice. Postage from the UK is indeed cheaper than from the USA. For reasons that I still don't understand, postage from the USA to Aus is about the most expensive possible route.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Meanwell has distributers around the world, including Australia. Contacting them for quotes is up to you.
http://www.meanwell.com/contact_distributors.html

I'd check with your local aluminum suppliers. They may be willing to make custom cuts for a reasonable enough cost.
Another option would be to get squares, and do the circle cut and mounting holes yourself. Could be done with tools as simple as a jigsaw and hand drill if necessary.

Return to “Australia and New Zealand”