Duet Ethernet is coming

enggmaug
Printmaster!

Duet Ethernet is coming

Post by enggmaug »

Seems like the ethernet version of the duet is coming soon (end of month or beginning of April).

I can't wait ! Lack of Ethernet is what actually kept me from buying the DuetWifi.

I wonder if the new board will also improve in some other aspects ?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Duet Ethernet is coming

Post by mhackney »

I didn't get a beta of this board but my understanding is that only the ethernet changed. Now you can choose Wifi or Ethernet.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Yup, see: https://www.duet3d.com/forum/thread.php?id=1161

They use the same main board and simply mount an ethernet port and associated hardware where the Wifi module used to go.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Is it a generation beyond the 085? Or are they just doing a design rev to unify the PCBs between both models?
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Just to be clear, the Duet Wifi introduced last year is the state of the art Duet with many great features and superb stepper drivers. But it ONLY has a Wifi capability (and USB). This new product is that Duet Wifi with the Wifi module replaced with the electronics and port for wired ethernet. Otherwise it is identical to the Duet Wifi.

So for the history buffs...

Duet 0.6 is the earlier entry-level board. It has USB and an Ethernet port for wired Ethernet
Duet 0.85 is still available and was the successor to the 0.6.
Duet Wifi is the updated board with the new stepper drivers and other features. USB and Wifi connectivity only.

Duet Ethernet is the board we're discussing here and will be released soon. It is the same as the Duet Wifi but has an Ethernet port instead of Wifi.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

I got an update on Duet Ethernet production today. I had expected it to be in production by now after I signed off the production sample last week. But yet again we under estimated demand for the Duet WiFi and ran out of stock. So our assembly company was using all 3 of their pick and place machines to make a new batch. Tomorrow they intend to switch one of those machines to make Duet Ethernet boards, so it shouldn't be long before they are available.
enggmaug
Printmaster!

Post by enggmaug »

Good !

I would have been curious to see new features, but I will be completely satisfied with a well proven design.

Return to “Duet”