Z probe communication error

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
NormL1
Prints-a-lot

Z probe communication error

Post by NormL1 »

I have searched for this on the forums and haven't found an answer, so, if I am blind in both eyes, I apologize.

Whenever I try one of the calibration scripts, v3probing or the one on the forums by the same name, I get a z-axis communications error. I get the error at the same juncture every time. It will probe the surface near each axis without issue, re-center on top and then come down and probe the center and that is when the error comes.

I asked SeeMeCNC and they said it was a lose connection. I looked at the Z end stop switch and nothing lose, but, I re-seated them anyway. I looked at the Rambo board and the connections are solid. I traced the wires and they are not compromised. This error first appeared two weeks after the build and after numerous uses.

Any ideas where to look?
Attachments
ZProbe fail.rtf
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Rostock Max V3, 24v, Prometheus and 713maker, AON-M big printer, Mosaic Palette (since it only does PLA, trying to decide what to do with), Prusa i3 MK2 w/4 extruders (waiting), HDS6200 surveying laser scanner and two older surveying laser scanners
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Z probe communication error

Post by mhackney »

The connector on the HE280 (the 8 pin connector with the push in wires) is the likely suspect.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
NormL1
Prints-a-lot

Post by NormL1 »

Thanks, I will start some conductivity tests.
Rostock Max V3, 24v, Prometheus and 713maker, AON-M big printer, Mosaic Palette (since it only does PLA, trying to decide what to do with), Prusa i3 MK2 w/4 extruders (waiting), HDS6200 surveying laser scanner and two older surveying laser scanners
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

It is likely intermittent. The cable flex as the nozzle lowers could cause a momentary open circuit. You might just have to reseat everything and make sure the connector is well seated and test.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
NormL1
Prints-a-lot

Post by NormL1 »

I did that immediately and still got the error, which is why I was going to switch to conductivity. Your point is valid though, so, maybe I need to forum search for strain relief

Return to “RostockMAX v3”