Knob direction for menu navigaion

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
Noircogi
Printmaster!

Knob direction for menu navigaion

Post by Noircogi »

I built the latest SeeMeCNC repetier firmware with machine type set to 5 for a Max V3.

The rotary knob direction is correct for entering numerical values, but backwards for menu navigation.

To fix that, open ui.h, and on line 1102, change the definition for UI_INVERT_MENU_DIRECTION from 1 to 0
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Knob direction for menu navigaion

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for the tip Noircogi. That is sure to help others.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Thanks!!! When I first installed a display on my Eris, they wer both wrong. After a firmware update, it was half wrong. Time to knock the dust off the Eris, and fix the other half.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Post by guanu »

that depends what color the board is for your lcd, if you have a white board, the directions are different than if you have a blue or red board. We have been shipping with LCD controllers that have a blue and red board for a few months, and the directions are different than the old white one, so the firmware was changed accordingly.
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

Can you reasonably change what appears on the menu? somethings like Home Axis are buried and I would like to see that on the first menu as well as a few others like PLA/BS Preheat.
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

briankb wrote:Can you reasonably change what appears on the menu? somethings like Home Axis are buried and I would like to see that on the first menu as well as a few others like PLA/BS Preheat.
Yes. The menu's are structured in the firmware, and would require re-compilation. I suggest that since these are somewhat non-standard things you'd like, and since I have no issues with them being buried since I use a different controller, that you read up on it, or find someone who is willing to give it a look who either feels the same way or owes you a favor (Alternatively, have them show you how to edit it).

It's doable, but it's more complicated and less common than I would want to take the effort to test myself and document here, or just hand you a fixed firmware version for. I hope you understand that.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

Xenocrates wrote:Yes. The menu's are structured in the firmware, and would require re-compilation.
Thanks, that answers my question.

The rest of your reply should have been left inside your head, it was condescending and ingratiating. I did not ask anyone to do work for me, I only asked if it was possible.
- CNC's: Rostock Max upgraded to v3.2, Prusa i3 MK3 MMU, Formlabs Form SLA, Shapeoko3 CNC, Palette+, Palette 2 Pro
- Software: Fusion 360, SpaceClaim Engineer, Simplify3D, Repetier Firmware & Host, VCarve Pro
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

briankb wrote:
Xenocrates wrote:Yes. The menu's are structured in the firmware, and would require re-compilation.
Thanks, that answers my question.

The rest of your reply should have been left inside your head, it was condescending and ingratiating. I did not ask anyone to do work for me, I only asked if it was possible.
If that's the way you take it, then I apologize. I see how it could be taken that way, but if you look through my post history you'll see two major kinds of posts, which are short ones (often one line) making (bad) jokes or responding to them, or walls of text with either technical points or explanations of how to do it. In this case it's neither, but instead an explanation of no explanation. Since I don't interact with you on the forums much, I had no idea if you're the type of user who asks if somethings possible and means "Is there an explanation I can understand" rather than a strictly yes-no, as I've found is the case with some, or if you were comfortable in the firmware at all, as there are some people who are perfectly happy with a complex electromechanical device, but get nervous the second they hit a software issue.

I attempted to cover the bases of relatively common types of users, and seem to have missed on that account.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

Xenocrates wrote:If that's the way you take it, then I apologize. I see how it could be taken that way, but if you look through my post history you'll see two major kinds of posts, which are short ones (often one line) making (bad) jokes or responding to them, or walls of text with either technical points or explanations of how to do it.
no worries. thanks again for the quick answer. If I do modify I will post in the forum but without a compiled version.
briankb
Printmaster!

Post by briankb »

turns out that most of the things I wanted are in the "Printer Settings" aka "Quick Menu"

so I will not be changing any code other than the OP's direction change.

the LCD Menu is defined in uimenu.h file and starts around line 313 but there is a lot of good information and comments before that and throughout the file.
RocketMagnet
Printmaster!

Post by RocketMagnet »

It's pretty simple to modify the menu, never did do a how to guide but how to do some simple tweaks is here:
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... net#p60199

I recall the main issue I had at the time was getting the correct version of the Arduino compiler as some modern versions threw complier errors with the code... It's easy though and IMO you definitely need to be able to edit/compile the code the edit things like stepper motor powers...

I personally ended up with modified info similar to what's in the link above and I changed some of the menus around.

Return to “RostockMAX v3”