Print stopped?

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
TKCC71
Prints-a-lot

Print stopped?

Post by TKCC71 »

Was wondering what could of happened? My print has been going for about 6 hours and was about 68% complete.

The arms were still moving going through the motions but the bed and thermister said (Def) on the printer LCD and nothing was printing hence the stepper stopped pushing filament?
TKCC71
Prints-a-lot

Re: Print stopped?

Post by TKCC71 »

So i went back into Simplify, turned on the extruder and now notice my extruder temp is all over the map. Its jumping from 180 then back up to 220? I guess thats why it stopped but not sure what could be causing this?
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

Yes, "def" means the printer thinks there's a problem with a thermistor. With the information in the second post, you're probably looking for a loose connection, quite possibly at the hot end. I have a v2 that I haven't changed to the HE280 but I believe I've read something about people adding strain relief to the hot end wiring for the v3s to prevent just this type of problem.
TKCC71
Prints-a-lot

Post by TKCC71 »

Well I have bigger issue now, the whole printer went out. LCD powered off and no lights on the hot end? Only had this printer now for about 2 weeks. Any suggestions. I looked at the 15 Amp fuse and it dosent look bad?
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Post by Dale Eason »

Probably a loose connection then shorted over to a hot wire and blue a fuse. There are several. Don't just look at them. Instead use an ohm meter to see if the are open. If good they should read 0 0hms. Some of the fuses are small on the rambo board. Look for numbers that start with F on the board.

There is one fuse (F2) that if the extruder power is shorted will blow and cause the power not to turn on the the rambo board. That small fuse is on the right side of the board and is labled F2.

Check them all but I bet you will find f2 is bad. Then before replacing it check the power that it controls for 0 or close to zero ohms. Somewhere you have a loose connection that has shorted to another wire or surface. Probably up in the hot end but maybe right at the rambo board.

Dale

Return to “RostockMAX v3”