Should I try a different hot end???

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Should I try a different hot end???

Post by skyjuice »

Since the only "cash" I have is in the form of amazon store credit and seemecnc doesn't accept amazon payments any longer, is there another hot end that works well with the V3? I currently have the HE280 and love it, but Amazon doesn't have it, so I am considering a different hot end. E3D? My current HE280 accelerometer board is fried and needs replacing.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Should I try a different hot end???

Post by Mac The Knife »

If the accelerometer board is fried, switching to an E3d, or any other hotend doesn't make sense.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Post by skyjuice »

Mac The Knife wrote:If the accelerometer board is fried, switching to an E3d, or any other hotend doesn't make sense.
Sorry, I should've been more clear. I cannot get the stock HE280. What other hot end will work? Any other accelerometers work?
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

From what you've said, you've got a fried accelerometer, but a perfectly good hot-end currently. You aren't clear in what way the board is fried, but I suspect you could unplug the I2C connector and use it as an ordinary dumb hotend right now. Yes, you'd have to calibrate manually, but you'd have to do that with a 3rd-party hot-end as well. If you're looking for another hotend with integrated accelerometer feature that plugs into the V3, you won't find one.

You can find another accelerometer, but not one that would be plug and play on the V3. Aside from mounting issues, you would have to integrate it into the software yourself. I don't get the feeling that's within your skillset.
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Post by skyjuice »

Thanks. I just received my new he280 from seeme and installed. Same issue! Has to be the Rambo at this point, I think :-) Led 4 lights up red, then the lcd shuts down and restarts when turning on either the heat or fans.
Noircogi
Printmaster!

Post by Noircogi »

Check your power wiring.

Return to “RostockMAX v3”