Stringing

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
th3designlab
Noob

Stringing

Post by th3designlab »

I've been trying for days to get rid of this sudden stringing. I'm using the HE280 hotend, running black Hatchbox Filament at the lowest temp. Retraction is 6mm, speed is 25 mm/s and z lift is 6 mm.

I've tried almost no z lift, 125 retraction speed and small amounts of retraction. I've tried searching the boards for help and I've also been very active on Facebook looking for advice. Now I'm here making my own post about issues that have already been posted about.

I've come to thing the filament sucks along with my hotend as I see people with the E3D don't have this issue as much and that a WAY more expensive filament like colorfabb will also help eliminate it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Stringing

Post by Polygonhell »

On a HE280 you should probably be closer to 2mm than 6mm retraction.
You don't say what sort of filament PLA? PET? ABS?

Some filament is worse than others, sometimes even the same filament from order to order.
I've never had a roll of PET I could completely eliminate stringing on even with an E3D V6.

Pretty much you only have a few things to play with,
retraction amount and speed, on an HE280 I'd start with 2mm @ 20mm/s, sometimes even slower is better
temperature, lower is better, but eventually you compromise the parts strength or printing fails
cooling, more is better
ZLift, it can actually make things worse, but I run about 3mm @ 200 mm/s
Wipe/Coast - I run about 5mm wipe and no coast, but YMMV

Return to “RostockMAX v3”