Wantai .9 Degree Stepper wiring

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
djarmag
Printmaster!

Wantai .9 Degree Stepper wiring

Post by djarmag »

Anyone know which color wires on the .9 Stepper motors go to which on the Duet? I can't find documentation again.

I made the adapter cables based on http://sublimelayers.blogspot.com/searc ... results=24 but the motor wires have Blue, Red, Green, and Black. The original Rambo wires are Red, Purple, Yeller, and Blue. Does Motor wire Blue match to Duet Wire Red as indicated by Pin 1 arrow on each connector?

I know on the motor that Red+Blue are one coil and Green+Black is another, just not sure proper orientation. I mean I can always find out the hard way right?!
Last edited by djarmag on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Wantai .9 Degree Stepper wiring

Post by Xenocrates »

Easy method. Short a pair of wires on it together, then try spinning it. If it resists more, that's a pair. If not, try another. Once you have a pair, the remaining wires are the other pair. Pairs go next to each other in the connector, If it goes the wrong way, swap the pairs or reverse it in firmware.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
djarmag
Printmaster!

Post by djarmag »

Yes, your post is exactly where I learned this from and read just a few minutes ago lol. I was just trying to save myself any headaches when I finally upgrade to my shiny new parts in a few hours. I'll just update with pics and model numbers when I do the install. Thanks!

(Bondtech QR and E3d V6 upgrades are in the very near future :D )
djarmag
Printmaster!

Post by djarmag »

All wired up and Blue to Blue is the correct orientation...now my next problem I posted regarding configuration.

Return to “RostockMAX v3”