Rostock MAX v3 Upgrades: Titan Aero Extruder

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
MattG112
Plasticator

Rostock MAX v3 Upgrades: Titan Aero Extruder

Post by MattG112 »

Hi Everyone,

I have been printing with the stock Rostock MAX V3 since December and am ready to change it up a bit. I have been able to reduce stringing and oozing after quite a bit of calibration, but I just bought a Titan Aero to ditch the Bowden tube. I have a few posts and searched online about this upgrade, but it seems that the machines that use it ditch their accel board in favor of FSR sensors for auto-leveling.

Has anyone got the Titan Aero working with the stock accel board? If not, can anyone provide advice on hooking up the FSR sensors to the RAMbo? I plan to upgrade to the Duet Wifi board in the future, but that is not in the cards at the moment.

Other upgrades in the works is a heated chamber, but definitely open to suggestion to increase my printer's reliability.

Thanks,
Matt G
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: Rostock MAX v3 Upgrades: Titan Aero Extruder

Post by pouncingiguana »

I've got a Titan Aero with the accel board on an H2. Works great, but you have to remove the silicon cover from the nozzle when you probe.
MattG112
Plasticator

Post by MattG112 »

Great, just confirming it has been done. Did you print a custom adapter to hold the Titan Aero and accel board? If so, I would be curious to see pictures and/or CAD files to use or get inspiration for my own build.
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

Image attached.
Attachments
20664962_10104870234378268_4386204170837342493_n.jpg
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

Even better. JJ posted the STL for the mount to repables: https://repables.com/r/861/

Return to “RostockMAX v3”