My printer stopped heating mid print (hotend)

An affordable delta DIY kit made with high quality electronics/parts/hardware
matanyabs
Noob

My printer stopped heating mid print (hotend)

Post by matanyabs »

Hello,

I started printing a part today. The hotend was preheated to 210 degrees (printing PLA) and after a layer or two I noticed that the set temperature was 0 and it began cooling. does anyone know what might have caused it? I stopped the print and removed the layer from the bed and started printing the same file and it was fine the second time.

Thanks
Matanya
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: My printer stopped heating mid print (hotend)

Post by Xenocrates »

It could be that it's sliced with a bad argument for temperature, or a hardware failure is setting it to dry run. Does it reset the temperature as soon as you start a print, or after a random period of time? Has anything changed, either hardware or software (IE, did you update, plug something back in, change slicers or settings, ETC. Anything you've done since the last successful print if you've had one is a potential cause.)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
matanyabs
Noob

Post by matanyabs »

thanks for the reply,

I hit the reset button and I home the printer. than after removing the print I start the print again (same file) and it's printing just fine 2-3 layers and than goes to 0 again (the set temperature is changed to 0 mid print). yesterday I manged to do a successful print right after it happened. today I had a successful print and than the second print shut down in the middle, and so did the third print (same file as the second)
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Printing from SD card or USB? If SD, post the file. if USB, try using an SD card.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Hacker Series - H2”