Artemis Field Service Bulletin Ground Kit Aug 23rd 2018

The one, the only, the Atremis. Forum for the monster metal machine from SeeMeCNC
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Artemis Field Service Bulletin Ground Kit Aug 23rd 2018

Post by PartDaddy »

We have issued a Field Service Bulletin (FSB) for the Artemis. Artemis owners will be receiving an email today, August 24th, 2018.

All Artemis shipped between November, 2017, and August 23, 2018, need to have additional grounding hardware installed.

Starting Monday, August 27th, 2018, we will begin shipping free Grounding Kits. Please reply to the email you receive if there are any address changes needed. Or, if your machine has been transferred to another user.

We have attached a copy here for your convenience.
SeeMeCNC Field Service Bulletin.pdf
FSB-Artemis-2018-Aug-23
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 410 times
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
RegB
Printmaster!

Re: Artemis Field Service Bulletin Ground Kit Aug 23rd 2018

Post by RegB »

While I respect this change as a SAFETY modification (& I WILL do it) I would like to know if it will reduce electrical noise and may thereby solve other (perhaps intermittent) problems.

Again, I WILL DO THIS when the parts arrive, but I am still troubleshooting my initial build and would like to know if this change is likely to have other beneficial effects.
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

RegB wrote:While I respect this change as a SAFETY modification (& I WILL do it) I would like to know if it will reduce electrical noise and may thereby solve other (perhaps intermittent) problems.

Again, I WILL DO THIS when the parts arrive, but I am still troubleshooting my initial build and would like to know if this change is likely to have other beneficial effects.
Hi RebB,

Sorry you're having trouble. Didn't see any open tickets in support. If you're still having trouble, just drop us a line. We do our best to respond within 24-48 hours. We work M-F, 8am to 4pm, Eastern time zone.

There are no electrical problems I am aware of. I see you purchased an ARP Artemis. Check for pinched wires when mounting the linear axes to the top and bottom assemblies. We have seen a few machines where customers have accidentally pinched a wire.

Official technical support is here:
SeeMeCNC-support-request-ticket
SeeMeCNC-support-request-ticket
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
mechg
Prints-a-lot

Post by mechg »

I just finished installing the grounding kit.

I had some issues getting screw holes in the aluminum grounding blocks to line up with holes on the enclosure.

The corners of the blocks hit the enclosure before the holes come into alignment, so I had to file down the outer corners of the blocks.

I thought I should warn other users of this. Don't expect it all to just drop in place.

I am really tempted to take a saw to those corners of the lower enclosure plate. That thing is a serious pain to remove and reinstall. I hope this will be redesigned for future revs.
Attachments
block.JPG
RegB
Printmaster!

Post by RegB »

Hi,
No, my build and config has gone well.

For a while (In a previous life) I made a decent living and good reputation for finding and cleaning up ground path issues, so ANYTHING mention of ground changes awakens ghosts. Digital noise on analogue grounds, that sort of thing.
When mini computers were the size of refrigerators, THAT long ago.

No parts kit has appeared on my doorstep though (yet).

Return to “Artemis”