Artemis 300 RTP Z-Probe 1000, No Blue Light, Can't Probe/Map/Level

The one, the only, the Atremis. Forum for the monster metal machine from SeeMeCNC
bryan
Plasticator

Artemis 300 RTP Z-Probe 1000, No Blue Light, Can't Probe/Map/Level

Post by bryan »

We've had issues with probing/bed mapping/leveling on this machine since the beginning (2 months ago), but were able to get one successful calibration after deleting the config-override file. Since then, I've successfully printed 15 or 20 test pieces which look good but are undersized in the x-y plane. By scaling the x and y axes up by 2.16% in the slicer, I get dimensionally accurate prints. I wish I knew the cause, but it looks like I can work around the scaling issue with M579.

I replaced the nozzle yesterday and attempted recalibration, but it failed. This includes the default First Probe, Probe Autolevel, and Bed Mapping macros.

The tip comes down to a point about 1" above the glass and goes to 10 points resulting in 10 errors: "Error: Z probe already triggered at start of probing move.” The next step of First Probe (G29) brings the tip to the southwest region of the glass (-x, -y), also about an inch above the surface, then it returns to the top in that off-center orientation. The resulting error is: "Error: Z probe already triggered before probing move started." These macros use a dive height of 20mm:
M558 P5 I0 A1 S0.05 R0.4 H20 F2500

Then we found on the machine's webpage that Machine Status: Sensors: Z-Probe is 1000 with a red background. This led to checking for the blue strain-sensing light on the PCB. It's off, no matter what I try. It used to respond, but it's been several weeks since the last time I remember seeing it (I haven't been watching for it since it was printing ok). I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the 3 plugs on the PCB, and I've tried loosening/tightening the screws and center nut that hold the PCB. I've also renamed the config-override and heightmap files.

I started a support request with SeeMeCNC, and I’ll update this thread with any new info or solutions.

Thanks,

Bryan

Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet
Firmware Electronics: Duet WiFi 1.02 or later
Firmware Version: 2.02(RTOS) (2018-12-24b1)
bryan
Plasticator

Re: Artemis 300 RTP Z-Probe 1000, No Blue Light, Can't Probe/Map/Level

Post by bryan »

I found the problem: in the 10-pin Molex connector on the hotend PCB, the black 26 AWG wire broke where it goes into the crimped connector, and the orange one was hanging on by one strand. The kit assembly instructions show a zip tie strain relief holding the harness loop to the PCB between the connectors; my RTP machine was missing that zip tie. I can post photos if anyone's interested.

Return to “Artemis”