Simple Two Color Prints/PETG/Linear Advance

The one, the only, the Atremis. Forum for the monster metal machine from SeeMeCNC
DeepsReddy
Plasticator

Simple Two Color Prints/PETG/Linear Advance

Post by DeepsReddy »

Ok someone help me out here. Sorry but this is really 3 unrelated questions:

I want to do some simple two color prints where there's just a switch at a certain layer height from extruder 1 to extruder 2.
I can't quite figure it out using Cura as my slicer.

For example take an STL that's a Name tag. Background would be blue and letters black. I can use a support blocker and then per model settings to change the colors at a certain layer height but it's a bit non scientific, hard to pick the perfect layer to switch.
I think there should be a way to modify the G code but there's no module to switch colors.

Any insight would be helpful.

Also while I'm asking I've recently switched to printing from PLA to PETG. I'm still using a 0.5 brass stock nozzle. I'm getting a ton of buildup on the nozzle and some random zits across the print because of it.
I'm printing with Atomic PETG @ 230 between 30-45 mm/sec (any faster and the infill looks like garbage).
Z hop is off so is combing
Retraction is set at 7 with a speed of 25
Fans are at 100% otherwise I get nasty stringing (but I still get great layer adhesion at 100%).

Any help from some experience PETG Artemis folks would be helpful.
Anyone able to dial in the Linear Advance plugin for cura? What value are you using? Even 0.1 seems to f'up my prints pretty bad.
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Re: Simple Two Color Prints/PETG/Linear Advance

Post by PartDaddy »

In Cura 4.5, from the menu, choose "File" then "Open file(s)..." and select the following file form our GitHub download. Then uncheck "Dual Extrusion" in the slice setting. A purge tower will not print and the printer will switch.
3MF-file-quick-start
3MF-file-quick-start
SeeMeCNC Cura 45 Quick Setup.jpg (161.33 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996

Return to “Artemis”