Field Service Bulletin Ground Wire October 2020

This is where you can discuss the RostockMAX v4!
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Field Service Bulletin Ground Wire October 2020

Post by PartDaddy »

We have issued a Field Service Bulletin (FSB) for the RostockMAX v4 3D printer.

Please take a moment to download the official FSB document in this post and perform the correction.

Summary of this FSB:
The printer DC Negative output of the power supply needs to be connected to the AC
Ground (GND). This guide will provide instructions on how to perform the installation of
the grounding wire for each specific model. This guide also provides the proper method
of testing to ensure the service has been completed properly.

SeeMeCNC Field Service Bulletin Grounding Wire FSB Oct 14 2020.pdf
FSB-2020-Oct-14
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 310 times
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
DDXdesign
Printmaster!

Re: Field Service Bulletin Ground Wire October 2020

Post by DDXdesign »

Any chance you could just send out kits? buying just one connector or a few inches of wire is pretty difficult sometimes... And how much is a VOM going to run?
sbarner
Plasticator

Post by sbarner »

Is this also necessary on the Orion model? The problem we have is that the machine seems to completely shut off part way into large prints, and not always in the same place. We have replaced the power supply once (a time-consuming job) and I do not recall there being such a jumper in the original setup.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The update only applies to the v4.

Open up a new thread in Troubleshooting regarding your Orion issue.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Profkanz
Noob

Post by Profkanz »

sbarner wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:19 am Is this also necessary on the Orion model? The problem we have is that the machine seems to completely shut off part way into large prints, and not always in the same place. We have replaced the power supply once (a time-consuming job) and I do not recall there being such a jumper in the original setup.
I had a similar problem where prints on my Orion and on my V4 would stop for no apparent reason. After a discussion on the FB SMC group I bought an 800 watt UPS for use with the V4 and the problem has not repeated. Apparently if the printer is plugged into an outlet shared with other equipment (or appliances) you can get a momentary brown out from other equipment starting up. That temporary power drop can cause problems.

Return to “RostockMAX v4”