Slic3r ignoring settings

A place to talk about slic3r software (http://slic3r.org)
Shizuma
Printmaster!

Slic3r ignoring settings

Post by Shizuma »

So last night I was printing a tall thin walled part, I'm printing with the .5mm nozzle that came with the kit, now the part was essentially a tall hollow diamond shaped shaft, my intention was to have a 1.5mm think wall, essentially 3 layer perimeter, however no matter what I tried it would ignore my setting and only print a single outer and a single inner perimeter with a .5mm gap between them, so then I decided to try slicing with solid infill, but I didn't want it to do a zig-zag stitch so I set it for a concentric infill, it also ignored that and still proceed to do a zig-zag infill, ultimately I ended up reducing the wall thickness to 1mm which it sliced and printed just fine, and fortunately 1mm thick wall was strong enough, but I still want to figure out how to get it do that thinker wall properly for the future, does anyone know how to get that working properly?
analog_banana
Printmaster!

Re: Slic3r ignoring settings

Post by analog_banana »

Are you using Windows?
I don't know for sure if this is your issue, but there is a bug in windows slic3r that means that sometimes you make changes to settings,
and it won't get updated or saved properly.
The workaround is to use the arrow buttons to change the values, after which the values do get updated and stored when you save.

Apparently it's not the developer's fault and is a problem with windows / the compiler / somebody elses code library so I think that's why it's not been fixed.
Ho Hum...
Rostock Max MDF Kit purchased from Creative Machines UK April 2013
RAMPS 1.4
EZStrruder
SeeMeCNC Bowden Hotend V1
Onyx
Fware: Repetier 0.91
Sware: Repetier-Host V0.95D

Return to “Slic3r”