Can't override slic3r settings

A place to talk about slic3r software (http://slic3r.org)
Vic
Printmaster!

Can't override slic3r settings

Post by Vic »

Until yesterday I have been getting along fairly well with slicing. Now when I slice with the "Override Slic3r Settings" box checked I get an error that reads
"Generated G-code Not Found"

I could not find the generated g-code file.

Possible reasons:
- the slicer had an error and didn't finish slicing. Check log output.
- the slicer stored the file with an unexpected file name.

Expected Filename and Locatiion
C:\Users\V\appdata\local\repetierhost\composition.gcode

I can slice ok when I don't have override box checked.
I clicked "copy print settings to override". No help
Any ideas would be appreciated.
joecnc2006
Printmaster!

Re: Can't override slic3r settings

Post by joecnc2006 »

It seems I get that now more than 80% of the time, I did not figure it out, I asked before and no one had an awnser, I tried several things to no avail short of uninstalling remove from reg. and and residual files then reload. I just started using CURA for g-code and it never fails.
Joe
http://www.joescnc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

The override function has never worked for me either.
I just don't use it, I just adjust my settings in my slic3r profiles. Although it is an inconvenience to have to jump out to another program. I click the 'Configure' button in Repetier to bring up slic3r settings.

oh, by the way did you know you can just leave slic3r open and tab back to Repetier host and slice?
just remember to save your profile changes in slic3r first.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bvandiepenbos wrote:The override function has never worked for me either.
I just don't use it, I just adjust my settings in my slic3r profiles. Although it is an inconvenience to have to jump out to another program. I click the 'Configure' button in Repetier to bring up slic3r settings.

oh, by the way did you know you can just leave slic3r open and tab back to Repetier host and slice?
just remember to save your profile changes in slic3r first.
A good tip Brian, I didn't know you could do that.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

I tried reinstalling it. No help. As mentioned above, I change the configuration when I need to. It was nice being able to override when I want to do a quicker test run of a print at lower resolution.
Thanks
Vic
Printmaster!

Post by Vic »

I found the issue. The layer height in the override settings needs to have a zero before the decimal point i.e. "0.4" instead of ".4" I copied the print settings to the override which replaced the layer height with what was in the configuration setting but it didn't have the zero before the decimal. It doesn't seem to need it in the saved configuration setting. It seems to work now. So now I have the override option available again.
Vic
Ricky_Spanish
Prints-a-lot

Post by Ricky_Spanish »

Vic wrote:I found the issue. The layer height in the override settings needs to have a zero before the decimal point i.e. "0.4" instead of ".4" I copied the print settings to the override which replaced the layer height with what was in the configuration setting but it didn't have the zero before the decimal. It doesn't seem to need it in the saved configuration setting. It seems to work now. So now I have the override option available again.
Vic

I had the same problem and this is definitely the fix. Thanks!
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

Just had this error come up when I was casually goin to print something, have been reading about it for an hour or so and have been freaking out. It kicked in when I tried the default "ORION ABS" settings as recommended in the start up guide but then went away when I switch to my own customized print settings, any idea what could have caused this?

EDIT:
So I went back to original ORIONABS settings to look for anything out of the ordinary and saw that under "INFILL>Reducing Printer Time" I had checked "Only infill where needed", well that seemed kind of odd to me so I went ahead and unchecked it and now it slcies fine with no problems. WTF?

Return to “Slic3r”