Hello from Upstate New York

Introduce yourself to the community!
matter68
Plasticator

Hello from Upstate New York

Post by matter68 »

I ordered a Rostock Max V2 and have been assembling it over the past week or so. I had to put it on hold for a few days until my order from Mouser comes in of the replacement Thermistor I (ehem) caused to not function :) I became interested in 3D printing when my son (11 years old) decided he wanted to enter a science fair and his subject is "3D printing, the future of replacement organs". I do have a quick question for anyone that may know. When I ordered the replacement Thermistors (ordered 20 because I have fat fingers and you never know when someone else may need one), I noticed it is listed as 'end of life' and is being discontinued. Is there a newer replacement part to use should the need ever arise again? Thanks for a great site and I look forward to finishing my printer and getting some things posted! :D
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hello from Upstate New York

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
The build should be great for you and your son.
If you bought 20 thermistors you will not need any for a very long time, should be years.
If you ever do require more I would look to see what is available at that time, the technology changes
so fast that in a couple more years thermistors may be obsolete.
Be sure to send some pictures of your build and we are here if you have any questions.
Aurora900
Printmaster!

Post by Aurora900 »

Another new yorker! I'm out on LI though... but good to see more new yorkers here :P

Welcome, and good luck with the rest of your build :)
crocky
Printmaster!

Post by crocky »

Lots of pics is the way to go :)

I'm just sitting here watching a print, fascinating!!!

Welcome aboard, it is a real nice journey :)
Bob
Rostock Max V2, Ball Cup Arms, New Carriages, HE280, Dampers, PSU Breathing, Simplify 3D, GeckoTek3D, Raspberry Pi3. Duet soon... Kossel Mini still under construction.
Delta's are the way!
matter68
Plasticator

Post by matter68 »

Thanks everyone :)

Return to “New Member introduction”