Hello from Texas!

Introduce yourself to the community!
eigenbot
Plasticator

Hello from Texas!

Post by eigenbot »

Husband and I bought a Rostock max V2 for our anniversary and put it together last weekend. We're both engineering graduate students planning to defend by the end of the year and working on figuring out what to do next. Husband helped build a V1 at work a while back, and we've been really pleased with the awesome upgrades in the kit since then and the impressive print quality as soon as the printer was assembled. It's been running pretty constantly for the past week - lots of calibration tests, figuring out slicer and material settings, and some dinosaurs, pokeballs, and sci-fi ships for fun :D Right now we're just printing stuff from thingiverse, but I'm excited to look into some 3D modeling programs as well.

This forum has been an awesome help in our troubleshooting, tweaks, and figuring out how the delta printer and slicing works - thanks, everyone!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hello from Texas!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Welcome to the forum and I am glad your build was successful.
If you get a chance perhaps you can post a picture of your finished printer.
Happy printing!
ZakRabbit
Printmaster!

Post by ZakRabbit »

It's really cool to hear about couples diving in together in this. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for becoming part of the community!
eigenbot
Plasticator

Post by eigenbot »

Here's a quick animation of our build :)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/CcaJerh.gif[/img]
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

eigenbot, that was a very unique way to present your pictures of your printer being built, I liked the presentation.
If you do need some questions answered just drop us a note. You and your spouse should be very proud of your successful build.
Have many, many hours of successful printing!

Return to “New Member introduction”