Checking in :)

Introduce yourself to the community!
WVISION
Plasticator

Checking in :)

Post by WVISION »

Hello all from the land of liquid sunshine..
JTCUSTOMS
Printmaster!

Re: Checking in :)

Post by JTCUSTOMS »

Another fellow Washingtonian! liquid sunshine is what keeps us tinkering in our shops haha
JTCUSTOMS

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abraham Lincoln
WVISION
Plasticator

Post by WVISION »

So True.... I think I am more efficient and productive indoors than outside. Now back to my man cave ;)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Nice to see you here WVISION. BTW, that's a pretty sweet looking print you posted over on the yahoo group!
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I agree, nice print. I wonder when a manufacturer will offer a filament that is speckled like granite? Seems like it would be possible.

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

The problem with that mike is, when we use colorant even in our injection molding, a natural color resin and only 2% colorant creates our signature blue! It doesn't take much to make white turn blue, or any other color. The plastic parts you see that are "tie-died" looking, they use a special injection setup that drops one or more single beads of colorant directly into the flow going into the mold, so it doesn't have time to mix fully and blend in with the base color. It's do-able I think on a small scale like ours, but I would see a problem with the "speckles" being not fully at melt point, and maybe blocking the nozzle? Now, that said, I say "Challenge Accepted!"
Dave_Sohlstrom
Printmaster!

Post by Dave_Sohlstrom »

Well the liquid sunshine turned white down here last night.

[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q3/D ... C_0883.jpg[/img]
Dave Sohlstrom

H-1 Tank
WVISION
Plasticator

Post by WVISION »

Thanks for the feed back. Had an instance recently when our work printer broke a part and i printed one at home to fix it.

Yikes.. I hate late snow. You could get a marbling effect but requires plastics with different melting points if I recall. They use it for a kinda camo look on some plastic hunting gear.
WVISION
Plasticator

Post by WVISION »

Would be interesting challenge to make a pinch roller that could feed 2 1.75 filaments into a 3mm ish nozzle. Might get a little striping or custom colors. :lol: Hey John set me up for the X and Y belt attachment point challenge so why not ;)

Return to “New Member introduction”