US, Mid-Atlantic, considering Delta printer

Introduce yourself to the community!
kick4h4
Noob

US, Mid-Atlantic, considering Delta printer

Post by kick4h4 »

Hi all,

Looking forward to camping out in the forum. I'm strongly considering an Eris to replace my aging Flashforge Creator Pro. It's been a good printer, but the price of fixing it doesn't make too much sense at this point.

I mostly dabble in printing, making smaller pieces as a hobby, so the Eris looks like it might fit the bill.

Cheers!

John
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Re: US, Mid-Atlantic, considering Delta printer

Post by pouncingiguana »

If you're willing to build the printer, the H2 is the same price and a much more capable printer. I'd recommend it way more than an Eris.
https://www.seemecnc.com/products/h2-de ... rinter-kit
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Welcome to the forums. I will second the suggestion to build the printer. Admittedly, for a dabbler, the modularity of the H2 isn't as much of a draw, but it has a larger print volume, which is useful if you ever want to expand beyond small parts. Also, knowing how to assemble it means knowing how to disassemble it, and thus helps with fixing it quite a bit. If you want the same area as an H2, and don't want to assemble it, the Orion is a pretty nice option too.

I personally recommend the flagship printer (The V3 at this point, but I'm a quite happy owner of a V2), because they have even more room for upgrades than a H2 or Eris, and are more capable. Plus they are as cleanly designed as an Eris, and as accessible as an H2. The biggest thing I've found, is to ask not "What can I do with it", or "What would I do with it", but more, "What can't I do with it". I aim for minimizing the things I can't do, which I could potentially want. That can be expensive though. However, as your use of another printer until it's worn out proves, you do print enough that a good, long lasting design is worth the extra money.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

The Rostock v2 is a very nice kit printer, I am using it now. However, I only seem to be about to get 10" diameter prints without a lot of rigamaroll. It's still a good kit for the money and I would recommend it over the Eris and the H3. Both those printers are seemecnc's attempt to race to the bottom to compete with China. The stock printer is very capable, plus you have a large community of people who have done upgrades when you get the money.

Return to “New Member introduction”