Hi

Introduce yourself to the community!
Jim Toast
Noob

Hi

Post by Jim Toast »

Hello I'm new to 3D printing and have against my better judgement decided to build a Rostock Max v3 from a kit as my first printer and can't seem to get it to work first the hot end wouldn't work then I fixed that then the fan in front on the thermal wouldn't work I got a replacement fan but when I tried to test if it now works the machine wouldn't power on
joe
Printmaster!

Re: Hi

Post by joe »

Sorryyouarehavingaproblem maybeelaborateonwhathappenswhenyouflickontheswitch
Jim Toast
Noob

Post by Jim Toast »

Nothing happens, the Rambo board doesn't power on, the first time I powered It on the machine activated for about a second then shut off
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Welcome to the forums Jim. We're happy to help, and try to get things working to the point where you're happy with the printer.

Any information you can give us on what isn't working, or what happens helps us help you. It sounds like you blew the logic/fan fuse, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

As an aside, Joe, I think you may need a new space bar. Either that, or lay off on the coffee/soda/meth/sugar while you still have teeth
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Jim Toast
Noob

Post by Jim Toast »

I also think it's a fuse failure. The board wouldn't even start up if I plug it into USB, but my laptop recognizes that it was plugged in. The question is now why did the fuse fail, I checked the wiring and found nothing, all the wires are were they should be.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

As a note, the modern RAMBO cannot be powered over USB, as the easiest way to fix an issue they were having with earlier designs, so it never will be powered over USB

If you have a multimeter, I would check the resistance of everything on the fan connectors, as well as looking for a bridge on any soldering you've done. Generally, the equivalent resistance of the fans should be fairly high, as they draw relatively little power.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Jim Toast
Noob

Post by Jim Toast »

I checked the connectors, they have high resistances like you said. And here's a picture of the hotend Pcb maybe it could help
Attachments
IMG_0176.JPG

Return to “New Member introduction”