Fresh off the block

Introduce yourself to the community!
Soulemaan
Noob

Fresh off the block

Post by Soulemaan »

Hello all!

So I'm pretty much new to the whole 3d printer world. Though I have good experience and knowlage through work and life with the hardware and software.
I just bought a stock used max v2 fnozzle. The gentleman I bought it from seemed to do a good job building it everything was routed neatly. He said it only had maybe a days worth of printing and the screen confirmed this. Though he could of just flashed it. Seems like a pretty good deal. Anyway the printer has some issues. One of the carriages is lose and tilting. So I was unable to successfully calibrate it after attempting to get it steady. So I ordered a new set and it should arrive on the 10th.
Any tips for removing and installing the new ones or should I be fine following the install guide?

Also appears to have a clogged nozzle. I was running ABS through it and printed the cal cube a few times. Durning the start if the print it struggled to get the filment out and once it started to flow it speggitted onto the nozzle. After maybe two passes it started to lay pretty good minus the bad carriage. I ordered a new nozzel. The temp holds steady on the bed and hotend. When getting ready to print when I have the nozzel temp set to 235 it will leak abs out at home height. Is that normal at that height?

My last question for now is the filament is maybe two to three years old and was stored in a garage with no temp control. Should I scrap it and get new or should it be okay?

Thanks!
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Fresh off the block

Post by Mac The Knife »

At the least it needs to be dried out,,,,, abs absorbs water. 4 to 6 hours in an oven set at 180 F would do wonders. For the initial setting up, calibrating, etc. I would buy a fresh spool.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Fresh off the block

Post by geneb »

Unless you've got a specific requirement for the properties of ABS, you might be better off working with PLA. It's a lot more friendly to newcomers.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “New Member introduction”