Hello from Washington state

Introduce yourself to the community!
seedjar
Printmaster!

Hello from Washington state

Post by seedjar »

Hello, Joe here. My roommates and I are getting into printing with the Orion, after making a previous attempt at putting together a MendelMax this summer and not having the know-how/facilities/patience to get it properly aligned. Once I get the hang of printing and maintenance I hope to upgrade to a Rostock.

I like to build things - I'm particularly interested in robots and mechanical design. I study math and computer science and like to program in my off time. I also do a little bit of woodworking, but my big hobby is botany. I collect carnivorous plants, cacti, orchids and other oddballs, and one of my dream projects is to come up with a DIY plastic process from algae-derived oils. But before I get that far, I plan to begin with printing aquaponics gadgets. I'd love to pick the brain of anybody who's knowledgeable of the food-safety-type aspects of thermoplastics. ('Cuz I'm horrible at chemistry.)

I've been lurking for a few days now and am really excited to get printing. Glad to be here. :)
~Joe
brent
Printmaster!

Re: Hello from Washington state

Post by brent »

Botanists have always interested me. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your Orion!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hello from Washington state

Post by Eaglezsoar »

seedjar wrote:Hello, Joe here. My roommates and I are getting into printing with the Orion, after making a previous attempt at putting together a MendelMax this summer and not having the know-how/facilities/patience to get it properly aligned. Once I get the hang of printing and maintenance I hope to upgrade to a Rostock.

I like to build things - I'm particularly interested in robots and mechanical design. I study math and computer science and like to program in my off time. I also do a little bit of woodworking, but my big hobby is botany. I collect carnivorous plants, cacti, orchids and other oddballs, and one of my dream projects is to come up with a DIY plastic process from algae-derived oils. But before I get that far, I plan to begin with printing aquaponics gadgets. I'd love to pick the brain of anybody who's knowledgeable of the food-safety-type aspects of thermoplastics. ('Cuz I'm horrible at chemistry.)

I've been lurking for a few days now and am really excited to get printing. Glad to be here. :)
~Joe
Hi Joe! Welcome to the Forum. Your hobby of Botany sounds interesting and it's great that you can print things that can aid your hobby.
The Orion was a good choice. We are here to offer support anytime you need it. Just leave us a message. Happy Printing!

Return to “New Member introduction”