Hello from Indy!

Introduce yourself to the community!
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Hello from Indy!

Post by mlapaglia »

Just purchased my v2 max yesterday! Sold my Makerfarm Prusa i3 8" on craigslist and put the money into my first delta!

Is the 7 - 10 day lead time accurate? Trying to schedule out my build time over the next few weeks!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hello from Indy!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

mlapaglia wrote:Just purchased my v2 max yesterday! Sold my Makerfarm Prusa i3 8" on craigslist and put the money into my first delta!

Is the 7 - 10 day lead time accurate? Trying to schedule out my build time over the next few weeks!
Welcome to the Forum!
We cannot answer the lead time question because that would have to be answered by Seemecnc support. We are
a forum of happy SeemeCNC printer users who can help you with questions on your build or help after the build is complete.
Thanks for buying a V2 Max and you will get great enjoyment from it. Hopefully you have downloaded the V2 Max
assembly manual and if you need a link to it I can get that for you. Certainly have an enjoyable build and many hours
of printing after the build is complete. Your participation in the forum is welcomed.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Post by mlapaglia »

Ya I didn't want to bother then with too many beginner questions right off the bat.

Yes I have downloaded the manual and read through it once so far, I found with my Prusa it definitely helped once the kit arrived with assembly.

I'll be trying to get my printer as quiet as possible, maybe upload some videos on before/afters using different techniques and what not.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

mlapaglia wrote:Ya I didn't want to bother then with too many beginner questions right off the bat.

Yes I have downloaded the manual and read through it once so far, I found with my Prusa it definitely helped once the kit arrived with assembly.

I'll be trying to get my printer as quiet as possible, maybe upload some videos on before/afters using different techniques and what not.
Support won't mind you asking if the lead time is correct.
I would go ahead and send them an email.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Don't expect an answer before Tuesday. Monday is a holiday, after all. And whatever the lead time is, that clock likely doesn't even start ticking until Tuesday if you submitted the order on Saturday. On the bright side, you're only ~150 miles away (I'm assuming Indy means Indianapolis area) from them, so it shouldn't spend much time in transit. If you're REALLY in a hurry, you could even call and arrange to pick it up in person, spending your money on gas instead of shipping.
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Post by mlapaglia »

Yes I understand working on holidays :P I get today off as well lol
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Post by mlapaglia »

Well they must be pulling some extra hours, got a shipping notification email today :) Hopefully UPS will have it here tomorrow or the next day! :D :D :D
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

mlapaglia,

Yeah, we were anticipating the holiday a bit better than we did for makerfaire, so we had built up inventory the week before! We always try to do better than our advertised at everything :)
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Post by mlapaglia »

About 1/2 way through the build, about ready to wire up the hot end. Realized last night I was only shipped 5' of 18 gauge wire instead of 10', gotta make a run to the hardware store I suppose lol.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Hell, even Radio Shack sells that still. I ran heavier wire to the hot bed, so I ended up with extra 18 gauge.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

I ran #14 to my heated bed. Had to slightly notch the snowflake to gain clearance at the solder pads. Added a BT60 connector to the heater wires and a plug connector to the thermistor.

nitewatchman
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I had used 12 gauge,,,, I had to resolder the wires 180 degrees from what the manual showed,and looped them back around to clear the snowflake and drill a bigger hole.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Mac The Knife wrote:I had used 12 gauge,,,, I had to resolder the wires 180 degrees from what the manual showed,and looped them back around to clear the snowflake and drill a bigger hole.
Did you have any problems putting the 12 gauge wire into the connector on the Rambo board?
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Just a smidge, one or two strands had to be snipped.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2

Return to “New Member introduction”