Hi, I'm not actually a bot, but I just ordered one...

Introduce yourself to the community!
bot
Printmaster!

Hi, I'm not actually a bot, but I just ordered one...

Post by bot »

A delta bot, that is. I'm super excited to get my max v2 kit. I've got some experience with home built rostocks in the past, so I'm sure I'll be happy with this kit. I also ordered some of those fancy Astrosyn dampers to make this thing quiet.

I was contemplating getting an E3d v6 as well, but I want to print PLA a lot, so I'm gonna try the stock hot end at first. If I do go the e3d route, is it suggested to stick with 1.75mm? I kinda like 3mm filament but really have never used 1.75.

Anyway... I'm just thrilled to be a part of this awesome community. SeeMeCNC has been great so far in answering all my questions.

I'm located in Vancouver, Canada, if there are any other users from that area we should meet up sometime!
*not actually a robot
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hi, I'm not actually a bot, but I just ordered one...

Post by Jimustanguitar »

bot wrote:I've got some experience with home built rostocks in the past, so I'm sure I'll be happy with this kit.

If I do go the e3d route, is it suggested to stick with 1.75mm? I kinda like 3mm filament but really have never used 1.75

Tell us about the other Delta's you've seen. I'm curious now.

I'd stick with 1.75 still. Since it's less material per length than 3mm, you can get away with direct drive extruders, and it also pre-heats less PLA in the hotend because it's moving faster for a given volume of extrusion.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Well they were based off the original Rostock design. linear bearings on rods, wooden frame, RAMPS 1.4. Pretty similar overall to the MAX, but still way far away from the quality of the max kit.

Here is one of the early iterations of one of the rostocks I was working with:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwT0z2QwZBc[/youtube]

To be quite honest, I didn't get too much experience, but I had a solid month of calibrating one of the better (but not perfect) iterations we made. I'm very happy to be going with a full kit this time. :)

And thanks for the tip on 1.75mm. I hadn't thought of the pre-heating issue. I like that the tolerances in 3mm have less of an affect on the amount of plastic extruded. (+-0.1mm on 3mm is less of a variation % wise than on 1.75mm).

I'll run stock first and see how that goes, for a good baseline.
*not actually a robot
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

The stock hotend is pretty good, but I'm moving to the E3D v6. The wiring is simplier, gets rid of the RTV silicone, and I've heard good things about them. Here's a platform build that I like and basing mine off of. I remodeled mine from scratch, because I have plans to do a little bit more with it. http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=6081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The BONE ZONE build thread.
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

I have an unfinished reprap. A kit really does make life much easier.

Now, where do I know you from?

Are you the guy who built that shooting spider robot? And moved out of the US?
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Nice platform design BONE, I like that it incorporates the stock fan shroud, etc. I agree on all points about the RTV and wiring, but I'll hold off because I might end up with a good old j-head, since I plan on printing a lot of PLA.

Teoman, a GOOD kit makes life easier. Not all kits are created equal, so I'm pretty excited for the maxv2 as I've heard great things. :) I'm not sure if you and I have ever met. I haven't been to the US in about a decade, never lived there, and unfortunately have never made a spider robot... but I wish I had. :P Tell me more about that shooting spider!
*not actually a robot
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll3AYJVd ... Mii08oAeAQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this guy.

Check out the other videos, he is the designr and prototyper.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Hahaha oh man, now I wish I WAS that guy. I kinda see the resemblance. Thanks for sharing that.
*not actually a robot
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

That was one of the best and funniest videos I have seen in a long time and I am going to pursue how to buy the kit of the shooting spider. :lol:
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Watching that other guy's videos is weird... he really REALLY looks like a slightly older version of me... and he's got some of the same ideas and interests.

I think I found my doppelganger.
*not actually a robot
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

I really did think that it was you. It took me some time to find a video to him as i had watched them a few years ago. Then i noticed that he was slightly older and i felt ashamed as you seem to have a full set of hair. :)
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Oh don't worry, I'm losing mine EXACTLY like he is... :)
*not actually a robot

Return to “New Member introduction”