Don't buy That Machine Until 11/27

Introduce yourself to the community!
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Don't buy That Machine Until 11/27

Post by beilmandesign »

I just purchased a Rostock MAX™ v2 Desktop 3D Printer Kit. You can be smarter than I and more fortunate by waiting until 11/27:

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=58c ... 324838c7cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wish I knew. I would have waited and bought more upgrades with the $149.85 I would have saved.I don't even have the machine yet and already a bad experience. Turned the whole excitement, positive aura of buying this into something much different.

Don't end up like me - wait! But please take advantage of SeeMeCNC's generosity..buy lots of stuff while its discounted.
Last edited by beilmandesign on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
BONE
Printmaster!

Re: Don't buy That Machine Until 11/27

Post by BONE »

Email Support, I'm sure they can work something out with you. Just tell let them know that you want to return the one you just ordered. If they help you out on that, actually return it and order another on 11/27.
The BONE ZONE build thread.
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

1. Thank you for sharing the news.

2. Really, a "bad experience" because you bought a great printer at its already silly cheap price instead of being lucky enough to jag it on the special day? I might take the fridge I bought six months ago back to the shop in case it comes up on special somewhere in the next couple of months.

3. Think of it this way: the printer was already at an acceptable price or you wouldn't have bought it. So you got a good deal anyway. The fact you later found out you could have saved a few bucks is irrelevant unless you make it an issue in your own mind. Suggestion: don't. Get stuck into your new machine and start printing great things, focus on the good stuff and you'll soon forget what it cost you anyway.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

First of all let me say I sympathize with you, but you really should've seen that one coming. Would you have bought a big screen TV, or a new laptop, two weeks before Black Friday?

Don't feel bad. We all paid full price for our machines. We still love them. You will too.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

Certainly worth $150 to have a long holiday weekend for building.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

I bought a MAX just before the new model came out, was I sour grapes? Heck no, I bought the best printer available on the market at the time I made my selection and I was happy with it. Happy to see the company I purchased from innovating, making progress and staying on the top of it's game. Still proud to say "yes I have one of those delta printers from SeeMeCNC" and tell folks about it.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
http://www.CozyGirrrl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

All of you responders are right. It's just that it took a while to scrape up the money for this. And I very much want to hold off on upgrades until I buy a OneUp 3D printer for my disabled younger brother. He is very excited about the technology and needs something to immerse himself in. The discount would have gone a long way to allowing me to make this happen for him.

http://www.amazon.com/Printer-Dimension ... 86-7788027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW - all of you sharing here is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

beilmandesign wrote:All of you responders are right. It's just that it took a while to scrape up the money for this. And I very much want to hold off on upgrades until I buy a OneUp 3D printer for my disabled younger brother. He is very excited about the technology and needs something to immerse himself in. The discount would have gone a long way to allowing me to make this happen for him.

http://www.amazon.com/Printer-Dimension ... 86-7788027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW - all of you sharing here is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Please send our blessings to your brother and thank you for the kind gesture for your brother in need.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Email Support, I'm sure they can work something out with you. Just tell let them know that you want to return the one you just ordered. If they help you out on that, actually return it and order another on 11/27.
That's a little sneaky. Call them and ask them if they'll honor their upcoming sale price. Returning something and buying it again to save a few dollars (seller pays shipping 3 times?) is the fair weather consumerism that puts small companies out of business.
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

I agree and would never do that. I sent them an email explaining the situation.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Jimustanguitar wrote:
That's a little sneaky. Call them and ask them if they'll honor their upcoming sale price. Returning something and buying it again to save a few dollars (seller pays shipping 3 times?) is the fair weather consumerism that puts small companies out of business.
I agree 100%. SeeMeCNC is a small Company besides, as Jim has noted whatever cost savings you would obtain would be close to zero when you consider the cost of postage.
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

It's been 24 hours since I sent the email to support. No response. Are they closed for the holiday?
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

48 hours and no response from SeeMeCnc support. [email protected] is not working.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

beilmandesign wrote:48 hours and no response from SeeMeCnc support. [email protected] is not working.
Give it time, as long as you are not getting mail undelivered errors...
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
BenTheRighteous
Printmaster!

Post by BenTheRighteous »

I think at this point, whatever happens - favorable or otherwise - is 100% between you and SeeMeCNC. I feel like by maintaining this thread, you are turning this situation into a PR issue and putting SeeMe in a tight spot (maybe intentionally, maybe not).

In my short time here I've found that SeeMe is very engaged with their community and I'm quite sure you will not have escaped their attention. I don't know if you've ruffled any feathers, but it might help "unruffle" them if you promise in advance to keep the outcome private.
nitewatchman wrote:it was much cleaner and easier than killing a chicken on top of the printer.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

BenTheRighteous wrote:I think at this point, whatever happens - favorable or otherwise - is 100% between you and SeeMeCNC. I feel like by maintaining this thread, you are turning this situation into a PR issue and putting SeeMe in a tight spot (maybe intentionally, maybe not).

In my short time here I've found that SeeMe is very engaged with their community and I'm quite sure you will not have escaped their attention. I don't know if you've ruffled any feathers, but it might help "unruffle" them if you promise in advance to keep the outcome private.
Thanks for your comments and I agree 100%.
beilmandesign
Printmaster!

Post by beilmandesign »

You are correct Mr. Ringmaster & it is positive PR for SeeMeCNC. They helped me out & I am most appreciative. My kit arrived, and its time to focus on suppressing the burnt melamine odor (for my wife), starting the assembly and immersing myself in this excellent kit. And I have to add, I have a few engineers at work very interested in the Rostock MAX. Like myself, the kit makes sense from both a design and upgradability standpoint.

PS.
Don't forget about the awesome discounts they are offering this week.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

beilmandesign wrote:My kit arrived, and its time to focus on suppressing the burnt melamine odor (for my wife)
You'll miss that smell soon :)
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Ah those were the days...
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

Ha ha ha ha....
Perfect example of this thread; I ordered a nice brandy dandy new E3DV6 hot end and couple of days ago and today, Filistruder introduced the two new dual filament E3D hot ends, in fact at a sale introductory price only $10 more than the single one I ordered, did I cry?(much) No! ...did I stomp my feet?(more than a few times)No!
I will have my hands full just mounting and calibrating a single hot end, when I have it working perfectly and have exhausted the possibilities of a single hot end I can think of what I might need a dual hot end for, maybe by then they'll have V26 or so and I'll be ready for it?
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Chrissi wrote:Ha ha ha ha....
Perfect example of this thread; I ordered a nice brandy dandy new E3DV6 hot end and couple of days ago and today, Filistruder introduced the two new dual filament E3D hot ends, in fact at a sale introductory price only $10 more than the single one I ordered, did I cry?(much) No! ...did I stomp my feet?(more than a few times)No!
I will have my hands full just mounting and calibrating a single hot end, when I have it working perfectly and have exhausted the possibilities of a single hot end I can think of what I might need a dual hot end for, maybe by then they'll have V26 or so and I'll be ready for it?
Great attitude!
Chrissi
Printmaster!

Post by Chrissi »

and as soon as I hit the send button for the last message, it arrived. Nice piece of kit this hot end is.
...Chrissi

Rostock MAX
Squibbles
Noob

Post by Squibbles »

I made a mental note a month or so ago to check back and see if there was going to be any black friday sales here. Glad I remembered to check today! Just ordered a Rostock Max v2 :D Now I need to get my room organized so I have somewhere to build it!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Squibbles wrote:I made a mental note a month or so ago to check back and see if there was going to be any black friday sales here. Glad I remembered to check today! Just ordered a Rostock Max v2 :D Now I need to get my room organized so I have somewhere to build it!
Welcome to the Forum.
If you get a chance during the build take a few pictures and send them to this Forum so we can enjoy them.
A build log would be better but I understand that a lot of builders just want to build and not document everything.
We will be here to answer questions you may have and I wish you the best on your build. The anticipation will
grow stronger each day until it is delivered to you.
Happy Building!
noishi
Prints-a-lot

Post by noishi »

Proud to say after lurking in the shadows of these forums for months, I finally took the plunge and ordered a Rostock! I actually was so excited, I ordered it at midnight WEDNESDAY night, I might have been the first person to place an order :lol: Got my shipping confirmation, now just reading, and re-reading the manual until it arrives!

Return to “New Member introduction”