Hello from Minnesota!

Introduce yourself to the community!
RussD
Plasticator

Hello from Minnesota!

Post by RussD »

Hey All!
I just took delivery of a Rostock Max V2 this past week and I have started my build.

I have been lurking here for a month or so and caught the last thread about some of the other Minnesotans here. Turns out I live only a few miles from Jram so we met the other day and traded some ideas and he gave me a tour of his Rostock. It was extremely cool.

Looking forward to participating in the forums here. I will be starting a thread in the Build Zone shortly. Looking forward to your tips and suggestions!

Regards,

Russ
JFettig
Printmaster!

Re: Hello from Minnesota!

Post by JFettig »

Welcome, also from MN
RussD
Plasticator

Post by RussD »

Great! I saw the thread a few weeks ago and noticed a lot of like minded folks in the area. It would be great to see what you are doing sometime.

I have been a builder for years including a professional prototyper so motion control and electronics were part of my profession for a long while. Now it is just a hobby. A few years ago I rebuilt a laser cutter and enjoyed that project a whole lot. I use it for making do-dads, enclosures, and RC airplane and helicopter parts. I was looking for a new challenge and ran across the Rostock. It fit the bill perfectly. I was sooo attracted to the huge build volume, the fact it is a kit, and it is easily modified.

So although I am new to 3D printing, I know a bit about all the parts that make it go. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Russ
Tonkabot
Printmaster!

Post by Tonkabot »

Also welcome, Russ.
I am not sure where you and the other guys are, but I am in Chaska. SW suburb of Minneapolis, for those that need to know...
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hi Russ and Welcome to the Forum!
If you have any questions on the RMax V2 this is the place to ask them.
With your knowledge of the parts and such that goes into them, perhaps you
can answer some of the questions we get here.
Welcome aboard and send some pictures of your printer if you get a chance.
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

I'm in Saint Cloud temporarily(2 years while the wife finishes grad school) then I'll be back in the cities likely. North burbs.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

Welcome,

I am also from Minnesota, born and raised by Duluth. I live in the twin cities when I am home, Atlanta Georgia when at work. I have my Rostock Max v2 in Atlanta. This forum has been a tremendous help for me learning about 3D printing.

Return to “New Member introduction”