New

Introduce yourself to the community!
J_Man
Prints-a-lot

New

Post by J_Man »

I just joined, I currently do not have a printer. I wanted to look around and maybe ask questions before I took the jump. Just wanted to do my first hello post!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: New

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hello to you J-Man and welcome to the Forum!
If there is anything we can do for you just ask!
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Welcome.

Dont get intimidated by the millions of problem posts. Half of them are us experimenting new thins with our machines. And for each problem post there are a hundreds of good prints that dont get mentioned.

Dont be shy and ask away.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
J_Man
Prints-a-lot

Post by J_Man »

Thanks. I have an UP! Mini and I'm used to people saying horrible things about that printer, but yet it's been fine for me, haha. I've made some decent stuff with it, but I do need something better. I got it more than anything to learn what I was doing on a 3D machine before I really spent more money. I got it for 499 on Amazon when they had a sale last year.

People keep telling me to get a Flashforge Creator Pro and I'd be able to do a lot with it, but I'm just very impressed by the Rostock Max. I used to build my own computers back when they weren't just readily available for cheap already built, so I would assume I can handle this. My main issue that has kept me from going ahead and ordering is the talk of configuring it after the build. I just haven't been able to find full information to see what I'd be getting into there. I'm basically of the idea that I want to order a kit this week if I can just get over that "fear" I guess. From what I can tell, this looks worlds better than the Flashforge and I really don't know what I would do with a duel extruder anyway.

Thanks for the welcome! My name is Joe BTW.
jdurand
Printmaster!

Post by jdurand »

As for the UP!, I have an Afinia H479 and it's been running non-stop for something like 6 weeks now making stuff for sale. So much that I'm backed up on stuff I SHOULD be making to sell. There are definitely a few "issues" with the Afinia/UP!, but overall I've got to say it works as advertised and it's way more than paid for itself AND my Rostock MAX v2 with upgraded power supply, water cooled extruder motors, and an E3D Chimera (on order).

So, welcome, get settled, and order what's right for you.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Ibid.)
RussD
Plasticator

Post by RussD »

Welcome!
I was in your shoes a few months ago and I dont regret the purchase one bit....just follow the manual and all will be fine. It really walks you through all the steps. The forum here is fantastic.

Russ

Return to “New Member introduction”