Rostock v2 just shipped

Introduce yourself to the community!
BubbaNubba
Plasticator

Rostock v2 just shipped

Post by BubbaNubba »

I just received notification that my Rostock v2 has shipped and I'm ridiculously excited. I've also got some dampers coming and hopefully these will arrive at roughly the same time as installing them during the initial build seems like a much simpler option.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask the community for any advise that you can give me before I embark on the assembly. Things to watch out for, tips on construction, advise on possible upgrades or enhancements and what things you'd have dome differently if you had the chance to start again.

I'm looking forward to getting this beast up and running.... but for now I'll have to settle with stocking the UPS guy
jdurand
Printmaster!

Re: Rostock v2 just shipped

Post by jdurand »

Don't rush it. Measure twice, cut once. Make sure your wire joints are good. Make SURE your thermistor is connected ok. If you don't have a multi-meter, you can usually get one for free at Harbor Freight with any purchase (you'll need a coupon, but they're easy to find). You'll need ABS filament to print your fan shrouds. Don't rush it. Get your calibration right.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Ibid.)
Nareikuk
Printmaster!

Post by Nareikuk »

Make sure that you don't nip any wires when putting on the Perspex sides around the base. DAMHIKT
jdurand
Printmaster!

Post by jdurand »

Also, keep wires out of the Rambo and power supply fans.
Standing on the edge of reality... (me)
Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green)
Let no man belong to another that can belong to himself. (Paracelsus)
All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison. (Ibid.)
BubbaNubba
Plasticator

Post by BubbaNubba »

Well, it's here and the apartment smells of burnt melamine :D

Thanks for the tips and info, I'll keep everyone updated on my build. I'm certain to have more questions.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

BubbaNubba wrote:Well, it's here and the apartment smells of burnt melamine :D

Thanks for the tips and info, I'll keep everyone updated on my build. I'm certain to have more questions.
Please send some pictures of your build, we love pictures! We are always here to help you in any way we can.

Return to “New Member introduction”