New Rostock Max v2 owner :)

Introduce yourself to the community!
Nazulle
Prints-a-lot

New Rostock Max v2 owner :)

Post by Nazulle »

Hello, this is my first post on the forums and like it says as the topic, Im a new owner of a Rostock Max v2. I just finished building it on the 11th so yeah im still very new at printing. I was successfully able to 3D print the peek fan shroud and the extruder fan shroud (after a lot of hassel due to over extrusion, speed, and temperature, which i fixed by decreasing my speed on matter control to 0.75, lowering my speed to 20mm/s, and decreasing my temperature to 215 degrees instead of 230). I bought 1 roll of ABS filament from Hatchbox and another roll but this one of PLA by the same company. Im still having a tiny bit of a problem with over extrusion and the height between the build plate and the extruder even after calibration. But hey, atleast its printing without an extreme failure anymore :P hopefully it will stay that way.

Thanks for reading,
Nazulle
kellyds
Plasticator

Re: New Rostock Max v2 owner :)

Post by kellyds »

Howdy and welcome,

I'm a new Rostock Max V2 owner as well; it came to life around on April 1st and it is a blast. I haven't had any major issues with the printer. Calibration, while time consuming, does work. The other thing I discovered is that even a little air movement around the hot plate was enough to lose adhesion; so when I print, I turn off the ceiling fan and try to make sure the AC isn't blowing in it's direction.

Congrats!

Sean
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: New Rostock Max v2 owner :)

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Nazulle, congratulations for finishing your build.
We are here to help you if you need it at anytime.
Please send a picture of your completed printer when you get a chance.
Congratulations on buying and building a Rostock Max!

Return to “New Member introduction”