Hi from Malaysia

Introduce yourself to the community!
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Hi from Malaysia

Post by fwkseemecnc »

Got the Rostock MAX v2 kit a week ago. Have just started building it and enjoying every step of it. :D :D
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Hi from Malaysia

Post by Eaglezsoar »

fwkseemecnc wrote:Got the Rostock MAX v2 kit a week ago. Have just started building it and enjoying every step of it. :D :D
Welcome to the forum and thank you for purchasing the Rostock Max V2.
Please, if you need help or just have a question just send us a message.
Happy Building!
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Post by fwkseemecnc »

It's 3 weeks already and finally the build is completed. Managed to print the peek and layer fan holders. Glitches along the way.
1. Inverted the top section base plate. Somehow I messed up the left and right. Power and end stop cables crossed. So had to do some re-routing of the cables to separate the power and end stop cables. Thanks to teoman for advise on cables
2. Difficult to install the sprocket (manual adjust) for the extruder stepper motor. Had to widen the hole abit.
3. HAHA did not remove the paper to the melamin board, before building, for the bottom plates. So now slowly but surely removing it bit by bit.
4. Acrylic sheet, yet to install. Can we bend it that much? It won't break??
5. Getting the print out to stick to the base, finally got it with using ABS juice. I could not buy the Elmer glue.
ANYWAY SEEMECNC very happy with the purchase. NO issues with parts missing, parts cannot join, and definitely a wonderful BUILDING manual. A little confusion though, with the bottom plates.
Would love to attach some pictures but could not...
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

fwkseemecnc wrote:It's 3 weeks already and finally the build is completed. Managed to print the peek and layer fan holders. Glitches along the way.
1. Inverted the top section base plate. Somehow I messed up the left and right. Power and end stop cables crossed. So had to do some re-routing of the cables to separate the power and end stop cables. Thanks to teoman for advise on cables
2. Difficult to install the sprocket (manual adjust) for the extruder stepper motor. Had to widen the hole abit.
3. HAHA did not remove the paper to the melamin board, before building, for the bottom plates. So now slowly but surely removing it bit by bit.
4. Acrylic sheet, yet to install. Can we bend it that much? It won't break??
5. Getting the print out to stick to the base, finally got it with using ABS juice. I could not buy the Elmer glue.
ANYWAY SEEMECNC very happy with the purchase. NO issues with parts missing, parts cannot join, and definitely a wonderful BUILDING manual. A little confusion though, with the bottom plates.
Would love to attach some pictures but could not...
It gave me a good chuckle that you did not remove the paper from the bottom plates. :)
The acrylic sheets normally install without problems.
I do hope that you can attach pictures, but if not thanks for describing your build.
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Post by fwkseemecnc »

May be the manual should include removing paper before start building. 8-) 8-) DIY nerd
The completed build
My Build
My Build
First print
150910_PeekFan.JPG
Second
150910_LayerFanHolder.JPG
Third
Mini Hand. Bahind is failed print. Base not stick well. Behind behind are the home and garden gloves manufactured by us
Mini Hand. Bahind is failed print. Base not stick well. Behind behind are the home and garden gloves manufactured by us
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Looks great! The layer fan shroud you printed was the wrong one - that one is for the older v1 effector platform. You want this one: http://repables.com/r/212/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
fwkseemecnc
Plasticator

Post by fwkseemecnc »

OK, but will not fix the layer fans, most likely will run only ABS material for now. I did not try to install it so I was not aware it was the wrong one. TQ

Return to “New Member introduction”