RAMBo board is here

johnoly99
Printmaster!

RAMBo board is here

Post by johnoly99 »

We've finally got the new RAMBo all-in-one board by ultimachine.com in and started playing with it. It's pretty sweet. I like the new connectors and fuses etc... It's a bit large, but to have everything on one board, and all the safety of the ramps board, sure makes it nice. The allegro's are only 1/8 stepping drivers, but that really doesn't matter much, as the only noticeable difference i saw between it and 1/16 was noise. And with 5 drivers already on-board, you have room to grow from day one. We have them up on the web store now, a bit cheaper than a RAMPS 1.4 kit, as it's all on the one board, but you get one more driver for less money too. It also has 4 thermistor inputs, hmmm, what could we do with that? (heated chambers maybe?)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: RAMBo board is here

Post by johnoly99 »

And, here is a link to the firmware i've been testing with.

http://seemecnc.org/firmware/RAMBoMarlin.zip

It's Marlin, with modifications for the digipot for adjusting motor current
andematt
Plasticator

Post by andematt »

Is there a way we can swap out the RAMPS board in a kit for this one?

I know you just got them in but it kinda hit right for when I wanted to order.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

I think we can do that. We'll be selling the kits with the option of either RAMPS 1.4 or RAMBo shortly. We're holding off to wait for a bit more docs on the boards, they're real new, so UltiMachine is finishing up on that end. If you want, just put the notes in the order that you would like the RAMBo in place of the RAMPS 1.4 board, and we'll make that change when we ship it.
andematt
Plasticator

Post by andematt »

Oh, ok. I can probably wait. Is there any idea when everything will be finalized? Days? Weeks?

Return to “RAMPS”