how to setup the configuration file for sprinter

burro breath
Printmaster!

how to setup the configuration file for sprinter

Post by burro breath »

i for the life of me can not find how to set up the configuration file for sprinter for the h 1.1 printer. does someone have the config file that i can copy. i am using sprinter 1DB03FA from github. i have been reading several forums including reprap and on this forum and cant figure this out. please help.
jasco13
Printmaster!

Re: how to setup the configuration file for sprinter

Post by jasco13 »

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=808

I copied and pasted my entire config file from sprinter in the forum post above. Everything worked except for my "experimental" max z endstop. This firmware is not calibrated to the printer so you would still need to do some calibrating, but atleast your printer will be behaving correctly with this config.

I have my z endstop at the max position. If you have all min endstops don't change the endstop settings from default.

I would suggest modifying your config file as opposed to copying and pasting.

You need Arduino 0023 in order to modify and upload the firmware (1.0 doesn't compile correctly and will give errors during compiling).
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

If you have specific questions let me know. I've been struggling through this for the past couple days and I think I finally have it figured out.

This may help as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe3HJzL1vQI

Matt
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

yeah i have a question. i programed the arduino and have mach3 installed with the h1 profile for mach3 and i have some g code id like to run...first off how to i get mach3 to recognise the printer? do i need different drivers or is it automatically recognized. also the line of g code gives me an error in mach3 saying " all axes missing with g92 on line #20" what does this mean and sorry for the total noob questions
jasco13
Printmaster!

Post by jasco13 »

I don't think ramps boards are natively compatibly with Mach3 someone could probably get it to work with a substantial amount of hackery. Download repetier host software to control your printer it is made to use with RAMPS.
There were drivers that came with the arduino software. Instructions for installation are on the arduino site. The drivers are needed to communicate with the board.

If you have Mach3 and want to use it I would suggest getting a stepper driver board from SeemeCNC or elswhere. http://shop.seemecnc.com/4-Axis-Stepper ... -26706.htm

Matt
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

i dowloaded the driver and setup the repitier software and the arduino is programed but it wont connect to the repitier software. i changed the configure setting in repitier so the com ports match but nothing works. theres not even lights lighting up on the arduino. i do have power going to the power plug for the stepper drive board and the steppers were moving with the default firmware before i reprogramed the ardunio with the config file. also when i hit the only physical button on the drive board one green led flashed and then goes off.
jasco13
Printmaster!

Post by jasco13 »

Stock sprinter would move the steppers for me out of the box. Maybe redownload sprinter and upload a fresh version to the arduino.

did you compile the file in arduino before uploading it to make sure it would work?

Did the Green LED on Board flash during the upload?

In the firmware check to see what the Baud rate was set at. Change the Baud Rate in repetier to match. Mine wouldn't connect becasue the Baud rate didnt' match.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Hey burro, i'll bet it's the baudrate setting in repetier-host. Go into your firmware you flashed onto the arduino, and find what the baudrate is (usually 115200 is default) then go to printer settings and make sure they match. Also, I've noticed on some computers, 115200 doesn't always work. If you can't get that to work, try changing your firmware to 57600 and repetier host to match, and see if it works, then raise the baudrate up on each, firmware, flash it, repetier, see if you can connect, until you lose connection.
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

i have everything set up and calibrated but the heated extruder wont get hot. none of the extruder output terminals are getting any voltage. where do i go from here?
jasco13
Printmaster!

Post by jasco13 »

check wiring to make sure you have the hot end in the correct terminals in the board.

What is your temp reading in software? Ambient or some other value?

Check firmware to see if 100k thermistor is selected?

Post a pic of your board with all wiring connected so we can see how you have it setup.

http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.4
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

the repitier software is now turning on the hot end and the thermistor reading goes up but then after turning the head off the thermistor reading in repitier says its at 160 deg C and when i unplug the thermistor the repitier software still says that its heated to 160deg c. i do have the thermistor plugged into the t0 port and i uninstalled repitier and reinstalled it. also in the sprinter config file i have the thermistor set to 1.
jasco13
Printmaster!

Post by jasco13 »

Do you have the thermistor wires insulated. If they are touching anything metal they may give you a false reading. If I pull on mine just right I'll get a 350C reading. I think it is shorting to the aluminum head.

Is the head actually heating? Can you check temp with thermocouple? What is the temp when you first fire up repetier?
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

i have the thermistor held in with some aluminum foil so that there is good thermal conductivity and i have made 100% sure there are no shorts
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Burro, can you send me your firmware you are using, and I'll compare it with what I know, and see if it's in that?
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

johnoly99 wrote:Burro, can you send me your firmware you are using, and I'll compare it with what I know, and see if it's in that?
you should have a pm
jasco13
Printmaster!

Post by jasco13 »

burro breath wrote:i have the thermistor held in with some aluminum foil so that there is good thermal conductivity and i have made 100% sure there are no shorts
I could be wrong, but wouldn't wrapping in aluminum foil cause a short across the foil giving you a bogus temp reading?
burro breath
Printmaster!

Post by burro breath »

i am going to use some high temp rtv silicon when i get home from class. i still also have no idea on how to program the home position.
jasco13
Printmaster!

Post by jasco13 »

You don't program home. When you home in software the x, y, and z axis will travel in the home direction you specified in the firmware. When the endstop is triggered for each axis that is marked as the home position for that axis. The firmware will specify how far away from the endstop in the other direction each axis is allowed to travel (defined by the dimension of each axis).

You must mount the endstops for this system to work. I solidly mounted all mine to a plastic part for each axis. They aren't adjustable so I'm sacrificing a little travel on each axis.

Return to “RAMPS”