Would this LCD screen work?

A place to talk about user-made mods and upgrades to their machines
Brendan
Prints-a-lot

Would this LCD screen work?

Post by Brendan »

I am currently building an enclosure and would like to use a new LCD screen to put on the outside of my box. Would this LCD screen work and if so would I have to do anything different in order to get it to work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282102993726
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Would this LCD screen work?

Post by Xenocrates »

Yes it might work. I have reservations about it, as it is from a notoriously obnoxious company (Mostly in the IP space, where they will freely rip off open-source designs and firmware, close it up, then sell some badly designed and even more egregiously marketed boards). It says it works with RAMPS 1.4 and repetier firmware. I have no idea how much of the Repetier display libraries Seeme keeps, nor how recent a version of those it requires, and the documentation on the ebay page is poor. However there is at least some chance. Another thing is that you may need to add ferrite beads to the ribbon cables to make sure that the extended run functions properly. If you're not reasonably familiar with programming or the firmware settings, I might wait on that.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Dale Eason
Printmaster!

Re: Would this LCD screen work?

Post by Dale Eason »

At the very least you will need to change configuration settings in the firmware that have to do with the type of screen. It will most surely be different than the ones for the standard display that comes on the machine from SeeMeCNC. I don't know if there are any settings for that display already programmed but not used in the firmware. That is because I have only used the stock configuration for the display that comes with the printer.

Dale

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”