The new accl probing board with e3d v6

Post by duvdev »

Can it work?
How to assemble them?
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: The new accl probing board with e3d v6

Post by Jimustanguitar »

The mount would be custom, because the SeeMeCNC hotend threads together through hole, instead of having a keyhole for an E3D or J-Head flange.

But, the new aluminum hotend might be comparable with an E3D's performance. I'm excited to give it a try and see.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

I was considering making the board hole much wider (+/- Ø16mm), so it could pass through the V6 j-head.
But I don't know if that would damage a circuit or somehting.
Martín S.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Should be able to mount board above the standard groove mount with stand-offs, then simply pass the bowden tube thru hole in center of board.

I have be meaning to stop in at SeeMeCNC and get a board to mount it up and test with Prometheus hot end. Just been to busy getting ready for vacation in a week. I will try to stop in tomorrow.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

I believe I saw a picture somewhere with a 713 maker mount and the board mounted to the 3 holes for the lock ring.
That's what I'm planning if I get one.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

the lock ring mount holes do not line up with holes on board, the probe board has 3 holes that match spacing of standoff holes on platform (50mm dia. circle, 3 holes equally spaced.) So that would be the mounting points. The platform standoff spacing has been the same since V1. So that means probe board mount holes are backward compatible with any mount/platform.

edit,
I was wrong the three mounting holes in probe board are not the same as standoffs. with a pocket scale they look to be about 7mm in farther.
I picked up parts this morning, fitting things up now.
Looks like I will need to draw & print an adapter to mount probe pcb above groove mount.

but first, assembling new stock hot end and mounting on my v2
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
duvdev
Printmaster!

Post by duvdev »

If you print an adapter please share it with us
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

TwoTone wrote:I believe I saw a picture somewhere with a 713 maker mount and the board mounted to the 3 holes for the lock ring.
That's what I'm planning if I get one.
I'm betting what you saw was a 713 mount with a yellowjacket board, like this [img]http://i.imgur.com/eLt4Qa6.jpg[/img] as the 713 maker board is actually designed to play nice with it.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Brian is right. The lock rings of the 713maker align with the YellowJacket holes, but not with the Accel Probe.

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8221/2948 ... 8f3d_z.jpg[/img]

EDIT: too late, xenocatres beat me :P
Martín S.
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

Thanks for clarifying. Still won't be an issue to mount, few stand offs and longer screws and it'll mount right up to the outer holes.
kraegar
Printmaster!

Post by kraegar »

I think probably what he saw was my e3d v6, with a 713maker mount, and the new accel board. A single nylon spacer is all you need, and it works fine.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/x0B7wfy.jpg[/img]

You want to insulate your wiring, or the edge of the accel board can rub them and cut into them eventually. Ask me how I know.

Also, be sure you use stranded cat 6, or it breaks eventually. Again, ask how I know.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

K, how you know? :D
Thanks for the pic btw
Martín S.
kraegar
Printmaster!

Post by kraegar »

I just posted a thread I'd been working on for a while, just hadn't got it completed. Read through it, and have fun.

That's my picture, I've been running it for a couple months now. I cut through my hotend wires and killed the heat cartridge. And I have broken the accel wires more than once now. (when that happens, it kills your printer instantly, don't do that)
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Hey guys, I will be making a new style lock ring for the probe board that will allow it to mount up and be fully backwards compatible with our mounts. I have been very distracted with a huge project on another printer for a full metal conversion kit on the FT5 so i have not been around much, for that I am very sorry. Steve and the guys at SeemeCNC hinted a V3 might find a way to our doorstep so we could work on some new mods and make sure we could keep our mounts working with the new calibration board. I think I found the IGES files for the board the other day and when I have a chance I will look at it more. The spacer idea works great from all reports, but we want to make sure and offer a solution that firmly holds the board in place moving forward. As soon as I have a chance I will post some pics and we will work with folks who want the new adapter with our existing mounts much like we did when our effector plates came out. We want to make sure our products work as well as they can for all our customers as SeemeCNC continues to drive the art of 3D printers ever higher.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
kraegar
Printmaster!

Post by kraegar »

That's great news, sign me up for one now!
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Screenshot_2016-09-20-02-54-43~2.jpg
New calibration adaptor prototype will mill in the AM. Full metal adaptor replaces our standard lock ring. Should have them out for testing shortly and on the site in short order.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
kraegar
Printmaster!

Post by kraegar »

Is there still strain relief for your wiring? Does it keep the wiring away from the edge of the accell board?

It looks like you just eliminated the strain relief bar, which is fine.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

kraegar wrote:Is there still strain relief for your wiring? Does it keep the wiring away from the edge of the accell board?

It looks like you just eliminated the strain relief bar, which is fine.

Since the board must be hooked into the V2 wiring to be used, I was planing to use the connections on the board for the hot end and such for the needed wires. This will stop anything from rubbing and allow the whole unit to be moved if needed. I have not had a chance to look at a way to stop wires from rubbing on either the board or a milled item. The stock mounts have a chamfered edge which reduces the rubbing forces on the wires. I have not had a chance to look and see what can be done on the new boards yet. We got the boards in on Monday and I just had the chance to open the box Tuesday. I will look at that shortly and see what we can come up with.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Here is the first prototype mount for the HE280 calibration board for the 713maker mounts. 4 grams alone and only 8 grams with screws. It replaces the standard lock ring and will be a standard option with all kits shortly. We are sending out a few test adaptors shortly and should have them on the site by Monday of this next week. We might still make a few changes to the design, but we have a great start already. For those who have already bought our kits, the rings will be listed in our store for around $5-$8 and we can offer first class mail shipping to save on such a small part.
2016-09-20 20.28.14.jpg
2016-09-20 20.27.24.jpg
2016-09-20 20.27.04.jpg
2016-09-20 20.24.43.jpg
2016-09-20 20.24.25.jpg
2016-09-20 20.24.02.jpg

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”