Ball Cup Delta Arm Kit

A place to talk about user-made mods and upgrades to their machines
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Ball Cup Delta Arm Kit

Post by nitewatchman »

Do anyone have an opinion or experience with the new (at least to me) SeeMe Ball Cup Delta Arm Kit.

Looks like a good addition but it does also require the Injection Molded Cheepskates.

gary
BuckeyeVolunteer
Printmaster!

Re: Ball Cup Delta Arm Kit

Post by BuckeyeVolunteer »

yes it does require the new injection molded cheapskates but you can print them yourself I believe they have the files up somewhere. I have the new upgraded delta arms they seem to be less flimsy and positive control I have no complaints of my own seemed like a good upgrade for the money.
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

Bought them and have not yet installed. The IM skates have mounting bosses for the ball bracket. I see no reason you couldn't print an adapter that would bolt to the cheapskate and add the needed bosses. The ball brackets are part of the ball arm kit.
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

i bought one of the 50 first packs they are very good but a spring snapped due to my stupidity the bearings move way smoother and i can now print much better on the edges of the plattform 12/10 would buy again for 20$ with a coupon
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

Should arrive tomorrow, the original arms have 20km or so of filament on them and are a little shaky. Like the longer arm length also.
jram
Printmaster!

Post by jram »

I have about 120 hours on the new ball cup arms and carriages and they've been flawless. The machine was printing so nicely with that upgrade that I was hesitant to install my new aluminum mount. I did install the mount and did a short 90 minute print tonight and it's still printing beautifully! I also broke one of the spring pins because I put them together backwards. I repaired this with a 1/8 inch drill bit and CA glue and it's been fine for 120 hours of printing so far.
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

jram wrote:I have about 120 hours on the new ball cup arms and carriages and they've been flawless. The machine was printing so nicely with that upgrade that I was hesitant to install my new aluminum mount. I did install the mount and did a short 90 minute print tonight and it's still printing beautifully! I also broke one of the spring pins because I put them together backwards. I repaired this with a 1/8 inch drill bit and CA glue and it's been fine for 120 hours of printing so far.
pleas explain when i glue them together they will break automatically
jram
Printmaster!

Post by jram »

If the cylindrical shaft that mates the pieces together broke.. Here is what I did. Drill out the broken plastic pin starting with a very small bit and then go up to 1/8 to get out all of the plastic. You can then cut a 1/8 inch drill bit to the correct length and insert it into the hole . The bit will be a very tight fit. This will act as the new shaft to mate to the hole on the other spring arm. I capped this off with a little thin CA glue. I did this to one pin on two of my carriages and I've had zero problems.
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

jram wrote:If the cylindrical shaft that mates the pieces together broke.. Here is what I did. Drill out the broken plastic pin starting with a very small bit and then go up to 1/8 to get out all of the plastic. You can then cut a 1/8 inch drill bit to the correct length and insert it into the hole . The bit will be a very tight fit. This will act as the new shaft to mate to the hole on the other spring arm. I capped this off with a little thin CA glue. I did this to one pin on two of my carriages and I've had zero problems.
Thanks for the tip, I'm sure that it will benefit users in the future who has the same problem.
tc3jg
Printmaster!

Post by tc3jg »

Finally getting my printer back together after trying to transport it and breaking my glass plate an moving. I have a V1 and purchased the IM cheapskates with the discount, wish I could have caught the new ball arms with that discount also but no big deal its easier than buying carbon fiber arms with the ball joints and less money.

Have yet to make a print because i need to adjust everything and enter the new measurements (basically start the set up process over again)

I moved into a condo and im worried the noise will annoy my neighbors so i may build an enclosure for it. Saw some foam material on mcmaster and my friend works there so 8-)

cant wait to get back to printing!!
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

There was a coupon code for the arms very recently, i have been looking for it for an hour now but cannot seem to find that post.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
KAS
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by KAS »

The code is longarm50

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 107#p77119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.S. Water Rockets
Printmaster!

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

KAS wrote:The code is longarm50

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 107#p77119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The code is not valid.
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

KAS wrote:The code is longarm50

I believe that code was only good toward the first 50 sets they produced. Those sold out several weeks ago. Perhaps there was a more recent code?
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
nitewatchman
Printmaster!

Post by nitewatchman »

Got the parts, installed and ran them in.

The difference in print quality is remarkable, the old arms were just worn out with lots of play. Since it happens gradually I guess I just never picked up on it.

Seems like a pretty good and very effective upgrade.

gary
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Great to hear. I'll have to pick some up soon.
*not actually a robot

Return to “Mods and Upgrades”