PTFE for thermistor

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
jbinion
Printmaster!

PTFE for thermistor

Post by jbinion »

Hi,
Is the PTFE for the thermistor 2-mm od, 1-mm id?
Thanks,
jim
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: PTFE for thermistor

Post by Eaglezsoar »

See the following link, it tells you what PTFE tubes you should use.

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1099
dbarrans
Printmaster!

Post by dbarrans »

Cool. I'm a reference source. :-)

- dan
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

We all are, that's why we're here. Thanks for your references. If you have any more we would be glad to steal (oops, I meant borrow) them. :D
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

Thanks, I have the old hot end on my h1 and wanted to clean it up. Having the RTV works but looks so sloppy.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

jbinion wrote:Thanks, I have the old hot end on my h1 and wanted to clean it up. Having the RTV works but looks so sloppy.
I know what you mean, it makes it look sloppy but it is about the only thing that can take the heat and remain flexible.
The only thing I don't like about McMaster Carr is that they don't tell you what the shipping is until a few days after you place the order.
I have found that their shipping rates are reasonable though.
September
Prints-a-lot

Post by September »

At least you had them ship to you. I'm going back through my build to try and tidy things up. Didn't have some components while building it, so just did it rough to get things going and worry about it later. I've been trying to source PTFE tubing in Australia, haven't had much luck in finding it and at a reasonable price. So went to make an order with McMasters, good price, didn't see an option for shipping so thought I'd email them first and make an enquiry and received
Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from our established customers. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We will not provide a quotation or accept your orders.

I'm a little perplex on how one becomes an established customer when they won't even consider dealing with you... unless he really means retail customers as opposed to selling direct to public.

Back to sourcing it in Australia unless someone knows of another company, or if some other Aussie knows of a place in Australia that sells it. I'm looking for sizes for both the thermistor and heat resistors.

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”