Software end stop offset (nylock)

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Software end stop offset (nylock)

Post by Qdeathstar »

hi,

I am trying to use the software offset instead of the end stop screws to calibrate my Romax. I thought I found a topic on it, by changing the n endstop offset [steps] but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my printer.

Any tips to get this going would be appreciated.
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: Software end stop offset (nylock)

Post by IMBoring25 »

How much are you changing them? Since they're in steps and standard RMv2s have 80 steps per mm on the towers, each time you change it by one it will only change the endstop position by .0125 mm, less than .0005 inch.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

Well,

since creating the topic I've realized my z and y towers were not right at 90 degrees after installing the enclosure, so I have realigned them and I'm going to retry the offset method.

My z tower looked perfect, but it seemed the x was high and my y was low.

I have been changing them 35 at a time. When I ran the macros as suggested in geneb's alternate calibration meathod, and the all looked good.. But when I'm printing the y tower is high across from the y is high, and the x is low and across from the x is low.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

I think I am making progress.. Looks like you have to start with the lowest ends top, because the offsets can only be positive.

I'm almost there I think... played with it till 1am last night and just once this morning. Needs a few more iterations

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”