Max V2 w/ E3D Settings?

User-Generated tips and tricks for the Rostock Max, Orion, H1.1, or H1 Printers
ExplodedZombie
Printmaster!

Max V2 w/ E3D Settings?

Post by ExplodedZombie »

Hey everyone, I'm using Mattercontrol with a Max V2 and E3d V6. I can't get a good print to save my life (always something tiny wrong) so I was hoping someone could post their files/settings for ABS. I want to compare what I'm doing to what other people have found is "perfect" for them. I know it's almost a rite of passage to get your own printer zeroed in, but it's going on 6 months with a new little problem cropping up every time I fix an older problem. Thank you, in advance.

Example file I'm trying to print: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1766384

The overhangs are nasty, switching to .1mm gave me blobs and all kinds of nastiness. More problems over time than I can write down. My calibration prints were great at first but the first real thing I've tried is bad.
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: Max V2 w/ E3D Settings?

Post by IMBoring25 »

Nasty is an understatement. There are a lot of places on that thing that are literally impossible without support. Even with support that's a very ambitious first object to attempt.
TwoTone
Printmaster!

Post by TwoTone »

I sent you a PM. PM me your email and I'll send you the screenshots my son sent.
ExplodedZombie
Printmaster!

Post by ExplodedZombie »

Well, I did print out a few flat things and some fan ducts (which don't work with the tricklaser LED ring and E3D...waiting on a new effector). I had hoped this would not be so difficult. The guns came out great except the overhangs.

Return to “General Tips 'N Tricks”