wipe before retract - stomping sound?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
justprintit
Plasticator

wipe before retract - stomping sound?

Post by justprintit »

If "Wipe Before Retract" is enabled in Slis3r, rostock max makes a kicking bumping sounds once in a while..
I can't seem to be able to track source of this sound, -looks like it happens while some retracts when nozzle is lifting up.
Entire printer vibrates with those kicks... Yet, disable wipe on retract and no more kicks.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
❤ RostockMAX ❤ Repetier Firmware 0.80 for the Rostock MAX - Repetier-Host & Slis3r /win7-32
karlo
Prints-a-lot

Re: wipe before retract - stomping sound?

Post by karlo »

Are you able to isolate the gcode that causes it? Could be jerk/accel that's buggy. There are a number of fixes in 0.90alpha, but I don't know if this particular issue is fixed.

- Karl
justprintit
Plasticator

Post by justprintit »

thanks Karl,
it appears I may be having some other calibrating issues that may be causing this.
I will work on that, and try wipe again, if it keeps "kicking" I'll isolate gcode causing it and will report back.
❤ RostockMAX ❤ Repetier Firmware 0.80 for the Rostock MAX - Repetier-Host & Slis3r /win7-32
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

Are you certain that this is not related to the jerk settings or the z-axis accell setting. What firmware and version number also please.
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
justprintit
Plasticator

Post by justprintit »

0.80 it could be just jerking, but there is a kicking sound, goes away with Wipe disabled..

Return to “Troubleshooting”