Something funny is going on..

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
dougmsbbs
Prints-a-lot

Something funny is going on..

Post by dougmsbbs »

I added a heated bed a week ago. It works fine. And for a few days the machine ran good. But starting yesterday if I have the heated bed turned on, the x an y axis move very slow and jerk around a lot. The Z and the extruder motors work just fine even with the heated bed on.

I've double and triple checked all the wiring, and everything is as it should be. The extruder heat being on causes no problems at all, and turning it off does not stop the heated bed from messing up the motors. All the motors have the optos removed and jumpered.

I would think if it was a power issue, the Z and the extruder would mess up too. But they don't.

Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?
Home made Cnc, 2 CarveWright wood carving machines, Laser cutter/engraver, large format vinyl cutter, large format printer, and now a 3D Printer! Oh, and a shop full of equipment to take large expensive pieces of wood and turn them into scrap and sawdust.
tom10122
Printmaster!

Re: Something funny is going on..

Post by tom10122 »

sounds like they aren't getting enough current, try adding some more yellow and black wires to the power for the control board
dougmsbbs
Prints-a-lot

Post by dougmsbbs »

Thanks Tom!

Ran separate wires from the power supply to each temp controller, and it's working again now. Don't know why I didn't think of that, but I guess two axis working fine and two not threw me off. Seems like it would be all axis, not just the same two all the time. But I guess it is what it is, and it's working.

Again, Thanks!
Home made Cnc, 2 CarveWright wood carving machines, Laser cutter/engraver, large format vinyl cutter, large format printer, and now a 3D Printer! Oh, and a shop full of equipment to take large expensive pieces of wood and turn them into scrap and sawdust.
tom10122
Printmaster!

Post by tom10122 »

yeah ,the extruder doesn't need alot of power and you probably didn't notice the z because its slow in general

Return to “Troubleshooting”