LCD PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
pavel15
Plasticator

LCD PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Post by pavel15 »

Hello I have a problem with the connection by the LCD to Rostock MAX. Connects via an adapter that came packaged, brought a change in the firmware according to instructions. When you turn instead litter gives blank lines and high frequency buzzer beeps continuously. Who by the LCD please attach your file ready to lay out a modified firmware or tell me what the problem
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: LCD PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Eaglezsoar »

pavel15 wrote:Hello I have a problem with the connection by the LCD to Rostock MAX. Connects via an adapter that came packaged, brought a change in the firmware according to instructions. When you turn instead litter gives blank lines and high frequency buzzer beeps continuously. Who by the LCD please attach your file ready to lay out a modified firmware or tell me what the problem
Have you tried swapping the cables on the adapter?
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

It's also possible to install the adapter board one pin off, so make sure that the adapter is seated on the right header pins as well.
pavel15
Plasticator

Post by pavel15 »

С контактами все впорядке и пробовал менять местами шлейфы ничего не помогло.пожалуйста сбросьте кто нибудь рабочую прошивку под lcd
pavel15
Plasticator

Post by pavel15 »

With contacts all okay and tried to swap cables nothing pomoglo.pozhaluysta relieve somebody working firmware for LCD
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Google translate doesn't like that missing space after the period. Here's the intended text:

With contacts all okay and tried to swap cables nothing helped. please relieve somebody working under firmware lcd
Last edited by Jimustanguitar on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

What is the version of firmware that you're currently running? The newest version at https://github.com/seemecnc/Repetier-091-ROSTOCKMAX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will work with the LCD without any modification. The older versions of Repetier (2 or 3 revs ago) and Marlin did not natively support the LCD.
pavel15
Plasticator

Post by pavel15 »

Thank you very much! Image appeared on the screen, but that's just a whistle from the buzzer has not disappeared (
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

So it is beeping at you?

What does the screen say?
pavel15
Plasticator

Post by pavel15 »

the printer has ceased to connect to the computer com port, which can be seen in the repeater click connect it supposedly connected writes ready but then writes waiting 6 and nothing responds. also on the panel there is no menu by tapping the pen or turning it then moves up to mid-down
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/DSC_0009.1394134359.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/DSC_0011.1394134408.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I would try clearing the EEPROM and reloading the new firmware, just in case part of the old firmware is what is making it angry. Open the arduino software (the newest one) and load the sample sketch called "EEPROM Clear". After sending that to the RAMBO board, try loading the Repetier firmware again.
clear EEPROM.png
If that doesn't help, someone smarter than myself will have to chime in because I haven't seen this exact problem before.
Stingray103
Prints-a-lot

Post by Stingray103 »

Hi, I just finished building my Rostock V2, and I think I maybe having the same or similar problem. With the LCD leads connected like in the instructions, it kinda beeps once and the LCD screen is just blank. But when I reverse the leads the LCD screen starts flashing until I turn the dial, then its just on with no text. Also with the leads reversed it keeps trying to home it self over and over again.
Any ideas?

geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Stingray103, have you loaded the firmware yet? The RAMBo boards no longer come with the firmware pre-loaded. (...and that's covered in the manual :D )

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Stingray103
Prints-a-lot

Post by Stingray103 »

Yupp, I followed all the steps, it started trying to home it self after I loaded the firmware. :/ also the LCD connector board is centered over all the pins, not offset ( I saw that was another suggestion). I might just have a bad board or something.. Im not sure whats up with it. Other then this, and having a few extra pieces, and not enough of other parts, it was a pretty easy build.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

If the LCD to Rambo adapter does not have housed connectors it is possible not only to have the wires reversed, it is also possible to have them inserted backwards.
The red wires must be on the side where the power connector is.
I would also verify that the LCD to Rambo adapter is soldered correctly, cold solder joints or shorted pins from soldering.
Stingray103
Prints-a-lot

Post by Stingray103 »

As it turns out you were correct, the LCD to Rambo adapter dose not have housed connectors and the plugs were upside down. I switched them and it booted right up. Thanks!! I never would have tough to check that.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Stingray103 wrote:As it turns out you were correct, the LCD to Rambo adapter dose not have housed connectors and the plugs were upside down. I switched them and it booted right up. Thanks!! I never would have tough to check that.
Glad you got it working! I wish that they would go back to the housed connectors where it is impossible to plug the wire in backwards.
smiley
Printmaster!

Post by smiley »

Edit: I am a moron. I had the "B" cable flipped. Turned it over and now things work as expected. this build thread was very helpful: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... able#p7035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

original post follows:
-------------------

ah yes, LCD problems.

two things first: (1) I have searched the forum and looked at Gene's manual again.

(2) I have an early June 2013 Rostock Max. Rambo 1.1, old extruder, LCD, just upgraded the firmware to .91.

I've never been able to get the LCD working. this machine was assembled by a partner of mine and i'm not sure he got the wiring 100% right. Example: i had intermittent stepper motor skipping/reversing problems until I re-wired all of the stepper connects to the RAMBO. The as-built connections were just loose enough that they would sometimes work and sometimes not.

got that sorted, and have been printing some simple stuff in PLA with reasonable success. So of course why not mess with it and give myself more trouble, right?

so I connected up the LCD. Machine boots, LCD reads the correct .91 firmware version, and then on the next screen it reads plausible room-temp readings for hotend and bed. At the bottom it says

"ROSTOCK MAX read"

so far so good.

But as soon as I move the LCD dial, it goes into a reset loop - it homes (in the right direction!), hits the endstops and bounces off, thinks for a second, then reads "Home Delta" and then "RESETTING/E-STOP" and it resets back to the boot screen. It will do this over and over.

Now, I just noticed a moment ago that this only happens on "odd" dial positions. That is, if I power-cycle the machine, it sits patiently until i move the dial one or more notches in either direction, and then it keeps resetting. If it's in the reset loop and I move the dial EXACTLY ONE notch right or left, it stops again at the "ROSTOCK MAX read" screen.

So my questions: should I just assume that it's wired wrong, and start from zero to rewire the connectors? Or is there something more subtle I can try first?

wouldja think both connectors wrong, or just one?

thanks in advance for the help :|
Agisis
Printmaster!

Post by Agisis »

I would like to take a moment and share that I experienced this same issue. The problem for me was due to inserting one of the LCD cables upside down on the board. The way one of the cables was made was "upside down" so i got a bit confused. Bottom line is there is a RIDGE in the middle top of EACH LCD connector. That ridge must be on TOP when you insert it and should line up with the little white squares outlined on the board where the pins are. If you plug in the B cable upside down, then every time you turn the knob, it gives you the E-STOP/RESETTING error and the STOP button won't function, but the display seems to be working right. I was very worried when I got to this step and found this problem so I am hoping this helps someone else!

Return to “Troubleshooting”