Just started and having trouble with a couple things

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
D-Ring
Plasticator

Just started and having trouble with a couple things

Post by D-Ring »

Hey All, first I like to say thanks, this forum has got me up and running really quick and i can do some basic prints with nice results (within .1mm accuracy). However I do have some questions with problems that im encountering:

1. Sometimes after the nozzle jumps to a new section the pla doesnt come out for awhile so part of the print is missing for that layer and since it starts in the same spot that spot is messed up

2. How do you deal with the filament that comes out while its heating up, ive just been trying to pick it off as it comes out, but I feel like there shouldnt be filament coming out before the print?

3. Using KISSlicer and everything works great when I do .25mm thickness but if I only change the thickness to .15 or lower it wont print the first layer
mlapaglia
Printmaster!

Re: Just started and having trouble with a couple things

Post by mlapaglia »

1. Check your retraction settings, you could be pulling the filament too far back.
2. Ooze will come out while heating up. I just pull it off before the print starts.
3. Not sure I use Cura.
D-Ring
Plasticator

Re: Just started and having trouble with a couple things

Post by D-Ring »

Thanks for the response, I tried MatterControl (with cura slicer) and got nicer results. From what I read Im sure its some setting I dont know yet in KISSlicer, but Cura seems to be working great.

Return to “Troubleshooting”