New nozzle

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
v8tony
Printmaster!

New nozzle

Post by v8tony »

So, I finally got my new hot end nozzle in the mail today (thank you guys) and I'm trying to figure out how to install it. I'm wondering if I need to get a different insert or modify the one I have. The new nozzle only measures 3.8mm and the insert it 4.0mm even. So, the small tube doesn't fit down inside (which I assume it has to). Anyone have any advice?
gabrielk
Printmaster!

Re: New nozzle

Post by gabrielk »

v8tony
Printmaster!

Post by v8tony »

Thanks for the link. I still had to whittle down the 2mm Teflon part to let it slide in... Just about to print my first part with the new no22le now...
Flateric
Printmaster!

Post by Flateric »

Has anyone considered the use of high end dental cermics, zirconia for the use in parts of the nozzle. I have a miniglaze here and have done a fair bit of firing of dental ceramic and zerconia firing and from what I know so far (limited admittedly) about our printing nozzles it seems to be the perfect overlooked material that is both very temp resistent (I have fired some of it at up to 2400c (thats 4352f!) and afterwards it is very very hard. It's durability is without question, your teeth are pretty hard right?

The very large size of the nozzle hole (relative to dental standards of measuring anyways) would be easily achieved during the casting process or easily milled on a dental mill with the designed for this medium milling bit.

Any type of heating wire or element could be embeded directly into the material during the initial creation while pouring the liquid.

Am I missing something here?
"Now you see why evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

Where do you get it from? I am interested in trying to make something.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

There is someone over on the RepRap forums who is selling a ceramic Hotend.
His still uses a PTFE liner because without it the plastic jammed, which somewhat mitigates the value of the material.
The issue could just be the design or the interior finish of the part, or the fit of the nozzle into the Hotend. In principle it seems like it would be a good idea.

Return to “Troubleshooting”