backpressure with e3d lite and ezstruder

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Serge
Prints-a-lot

Re: backpressure with e3d lite and ezstruder

Post by Serge »

To update my previous post:

I was wrong on my previous post. On my 4th try, I was able to pull the filament from the nozzle easily. But I've noticed something else: Closer to the nozzle the filament was smooth and even. But between the extruder to about 6" from the nozzle I could feel the gears imprint on the filament. Since I was able to print for a good 10 minutes before the failure it tells me that the extruder is slowly heating and gets to the point where the PLA start getting weaker. I think I need to find a way to reduce the heat from the extruder/extruder gear by playing with the speeds.
Serge
Prints-a-lot

Post by Serge »

Well the problem is definitely the extruder getting too warm. After 10-15 minutes of printing I can't keep my hand on it and the filament is backing up inside it.
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Serge wrote:Well the problem is definitely the extruder getting too warm. After 10-15 minutes of printing I can't keep my hand on it and the filament is backing up inside it.
I run a 30mm fan blowing on extruder and motor, helps a lot with PLA prints.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
dylantep
Printmaster!

Post by dylantep »

my problem has nothing to do with motor heat. The EZ struder starts grinding pretty soon after the print starts and the motor is barely even warm
Serge
Prints-a-lot

Post by Serge »

Thanks Brian,
I added a fan and now the extruder motor is not heating as before and the PLA is not melting.
I had several issues in fact. The extruder (resolved) and the retraction length was too much and the PLA was jamming inside the head in an area where it wasn't supposed to melt.
Everything resolved now as far as I am concerned. I did several prints without any issues.

Return to “Troubleshooting”