Max 2 Stuck In Heating Bed

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Fiddler2070
Printmaster!

Max 2 Stuck In Heating Bed

Post by Fiddler2070 »

I seem to have this strange problem of the Temperature being set to 110 and the bed temperature is at 110 according to the LCD display on the Max, and then the max goes into heating bed mode and will not print.

Any idea what's going on? This happens intermittently and is making me crazy. It's at set temperature why does it go into heating bed mode?

I'm using repetier host to manually pre-heat the bed and extruder. When it hits temperature I prime manually the extruder, wipe, and hit print. Then the Max gets stuck in "Heating Bed" even though the bed is already at temp.

I've noticed that my com port only goes up to 128,000 baud but the firmware and repetier host is set at 250,000 baud. This problem is intermittent. Anyone know if the com port speed can cause the Rostock to lock up? or knows why it locks up?

Fiddler
Fiddler2070
Printmaster!

Re: Max 2 Stuck In Heating Bed

Post by Fiddler2070 »

So I use the SD card to print and the printer prints fine. I updated my windows and suddenly it won't print from Repetier Host. It just hangs in either Heating Bed or Heating Extruder mode. The weird thing is I have it connected while using SD card and I can see the gcode executing on Repetier Host fine.

I'm going to guess something went screwy with the com port. Does anyone have any ideas or if anyone has seen anything like this before? Where the Printer hangs on heating bed or some other command?

Thanks

Fiddler

Return to “Troubleshooting”