3mm nozzle

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
jbinion
Printmaster!

3mm nozzle

Post by jbinion »

Does see me still sell the .5 or .35 nozzles for 3mm filament? Mine is about shot and I would like to use all my 3mm filament before I upgrade.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: 3mm nozzle

Post by mhackney »

The nozzles are the same for 1.75 or 3mm. You simply remove the inner PTFE tube in the hot end.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
jesse
Printmaster!

Post by jesse »

mhackney wrote:The nozzles are the same for 1.75 or 3mm. You simply remove the inner PTFE tube in the hot end.
:o Wow, good to know.
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

Thanks!
I'm happy now!
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

OUCH!!!! 13.16 for shipping? I normally don't complain but golly gee wiz
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

I suggest calling. Shipping estimators are usually horrible.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

I guess I should have, but I already did paypal, I really want to do some printing!
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

I received the nozzle and finally got a chance to check it out. It will not work with my hot end. The center is much too small for the filament to go through. Approximately 1cm down the diameter looks to be 1.75mm. So the new nozzles don't work with the old hot ends. Please don't order them unless you are going to change to 1.75 filament. :evil: oh well lesson learned. I really need to get some machine tools that will work on such small diameter parts.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Hmm, when I go to the SeeMe store it explicitly says "for 1.75mm SeeMeCNC hot end". It used to be interchangeable with 3 or 1.75mm but perhaps the new design is not. When you ordered, did the part you order say "for 1.75mm hot end"?

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
jbinion
Printmaster!

Post by jbinion »

Hi,
Yes it did, but you said it would work so I tried. I am looking around to see if I can get one made since I have an almost full spool of 3mm. To be honest it is just frustrating trying to make things work. I ordered my H1 the day before they released the h1.1, and it hasn't been a pleasant experience even though SeeMe has been very easy to deal with. So far I've replaced the hot end twice and the extruder once. Not all that bad given that all of this is still pretty much experimental.
cassetti
Printmaster!

Post by cassetti »

jbinion wrote:Hi,
Yes it did, but you said it would work so I tried. I am looking around to see if I can get one made since I have an almost full spool of 3mm. To be honest it is just frustrating trying to make things work. I ordered my H1 the day before they released the h1.1, and it hasn't been a pleasant experience even though SeeMe has been very easy to deal with. So far I've replaced the hot end twice and the extruder once. Not all that bad given that all of this is still pretty much experimental.
I think we've all been in this same boat. My previous attempt at a build was to purchase parts from multiple vendors, trying to 'save money', using my replicator at work to print the RP parts. Boy was that a mistake - cost me way more than I would have if I had just bought a kit! I've come to accept this industry is rapidly evolving, and there's simply no way to keep up.

1 week before I was going to pull the trigger on a MendelMax 1.5, the MendelMax 2.0 was announced! Long story short, I shopped around because I didn't want to wait for the MendelMax 2.0, and ultimately purchased the Rostock Max.

If all you're loosing is 1 spool, you need to ask yourself, is it worth the hassle? Or just save it for another printer you might build which uses 3mm! Personally, the answer was no. when my Prusa Mendel's hotend jammed, I decided to build the rostock Max with the 1.75mm filament. I've got probably 5kg of 3mm PLA just sitting in a box, hopefully I'll use it, but if not, whatever. I'm not too worried about it.
(No trees were killed to post this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.)

Return to “Troubleshooting”