DEF temps random and blinking heat bed LED

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
skyjuice
Printmaster!

DEF temps random and blinking heat bed LED

Post by skyjuice »

Hello everyone,

Been printing for a few weeks with the new, badass V3 and keep running into DEF temps at random times. I have replaced the ENTIRE hot end and that seemed to work for the first 20 minutes until it went DEF again. I then went and replaced the heat bed thermistor AGAIN and it is printing fine for the moment :lol: ), but the heat bed LED is very dim now and blinking in a non-random pattern, it's in sync with the motor it seems. Any ideas? I've checked my wires at least a dozen times as well as the connections and they all check out. Also, keep in mind that I am using a brand new, factory built, hot end that was delivered today. I am behind on several orders and could really use some guidance.

Thank-you in advance for your time and thoughts!

Brandon Williams
Attachments
preview.png
preview.png (71.69 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Last edited by skyjuice on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Re: DEF temps random and blinking heat bed LED

Post by skyjuice »

ok, so I just noticed that the bed temp dropped from the set 60c to 34c. The bed thermistor is most likely the culprit, although I hav einstalled two new ones today with the same results..... Ideas???
PannDemic
Printmaster!

Post by PannDemic »

I had a similar issue and had to reduce my fan speed, it was just too much air right on the bed for it to keep up.
I am not looking at upgrading to a 24V supply just for this reason.
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Post by skyjuice »

Gotcha! So when you changed your fan speeds, the temps/thermistors stopped going DEF? I just replaced ANOTHER thermistor on the heat bed (Rev 8) and so far so good. I'll try to turn the fans down a litle and see if that makes a difference. I seriously hope this is the fix... Doesn't really make sense though as the bed seems to be the problem. I honestly don't know and will definitely try the fans before I do anything else. Thanks for your input and I'll post back with any news I have, although it doesn't seem like too many others have this issue.
skyjuice
Printmaster!

Post by skyjuice »

Found the problem!!! The tiny little resistor on the bottom of the heat bed was the culprit! I accidentally moved it while putting the bed back in place and I noticed the DEF was gone from the LCD. I re-soldered it and its good to go. I hope this helps someone else!!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”