Power Issue

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Tumbler
Plasticator

Power Issue

Post by Tumbler »

I recently upgraded my hot end (HE280) on my Rostock Max V2. Upon powering it up for the first time, My LCD does not power on. In opening it up I noticed there is no Red LED illuminated which if I remember correctly was on the actual RAMBO board. My new hot end is receiving power though, Blue LEDs are on and the one fan is on. The fan behind the RAMBO board is on as well. All connections are properly seated. Could anyone please assist me in getting this running. Overall this has been quite a frustrating experience dialing this printer in, figured the new hot end would help but now more problems. Thanks!
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Power Issue

Post by Jimustanguitar »

If you had to remove the ribbon cables to reach connections for the upgrade, make sure that they're back on properly. Cable A and B can be switched with each other, the connectors could be upside down, or you could even have the connector offset by a pin from left to right.
Tumbler
Plasticator

Post by Tumbler »

Every connection is in its proper place and seated.
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

Did you try flipping around the ones for the LCD connectors, just in case. The way they are supposed to go in looks WRONG but it is in fact CORRECT.
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Unplug the HE280's connector and try again. If the rest of the system now works, that says there's a wiring issue with the upgrade. Check everything, including whether the harness came correctly wired from SeeMeCNC.

On the other hand, if the rest of the system isn't working, figure out why before you plug the HE280 back in.
Tumbler
Plasticator

Post by Tumbler »

I tried flipping around the LCD connections and still no luck. I tried unplugging the HE280's connector and the system still does not work. I checked the fuses and all are ok. Any other suggestions, really appreciate the help, Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting”